***

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Severus?" Dumbledore asked, "What about the Tobias problem? According to the letter he recently sent, I don't think he is going to wait until she's older."

Severus run a hand over his face, not bothering to hide his annoyance over the matter. "He wouldn't do anything in front of so many witnesses. He's smarter than that. Besides, I'll be with her the whole time, and you know I won't leave her out of my site."

Dumbledore nodded. "Okay, Severus, I trust your judgement."

"Thank you. About the apparition, though, is Hermione old enough to travel that way?"

Dumbledore looked down at Hermione who was silently watching the conversation. "Yes. She will probably feel a lot sicker, but she should be fine."

"Okay. We should be back before lunch. Is there anything else you wanted to talk to me about?" Severus asked.

"No, that will be all. You may take your leave with Hermione now, but I do advise in having breakfast first," Dumbledore said.

"We will be eating in The Three Broomsticks," Severus said with a shake of his head.

"Very well, have fun," Dumbledore said. "Bye, Miss Granger."

"Bye, Alby!" Hermione said with a smile on her face as Severus picked her up.

***

Severus could feel the stares of all the witches and wizards as he walked with Hermione in his arms. There was no way he would risk losing her in the sea of people if she was walking. Everywhere he looked, someone was looking at them, staring as if it were not rude.

It annoyed the hell out of him.

Every time he caught someone's eyes, he would sneer at them until they dropped their gaze and continue walking on.

"Oh, oh! Can we go to that shop next?" Hermione pointed at Honeydukes as she stared longingly through the window.

They had already had breakfast and been to Flourish and Blotts. Hermione now has six new books to keep her occupied until she's finished with them.

"Why? It's unhealthy and won't do you any good." Severus said.

"Please?! Please, can we go, Sevvy? I promise I won't wake you up early ever again." Hermione's eyes begged up at him, pleading silently to let her get whatever candy she wanted.

"You won't wake me up early ever, you say?" Severus asked with a cocked eyebrow. He wanted to see how far she will go to let her in the shop.

"Yeah. And I won't ever call your bum fat again!" Several people stopped as she shouted the last part. Some looked like they were trying to suppress smiles or laughter as some just peer at her in bewilderment.

"I'm not sure, is that all?" Severus asked.

Hermione frowned. "And - and, I will be a good girl when taking my potion."

"No complaining or whining or kicking or screaming?" Severus asked with a smirk.

"I promise. Just please let me go there, please?!" Hermione stuck her lower lip out and Severus had no choice but to allow her this tiny bit of childish pleasure.

"Okay, okay."

Hermione jumped from his grasp and ran inside the shop. She scuttled around each shelf and eagerly picked out the ones she wanted.

"Easy on the candy, Hermy. I don't have that much money on me," Severus said with a low chuckle.

"Sorry, Sevvy." Hermione looked down sheepishly.