23 || comfort closet

soonyoung felt really sad all of a sudden. maybe it was because of the stress of school, or maybe it was just because he felt sad. he walked down the school hallway with neither a frown not smile, he was neutral.

his friend wonwoo noticed and went to talk to soonyoung in the supply closet of the school. yes it was an odd place for friends to talk, but wonwoo found the smell of cleaning supplies to be comforting so the two made it their official gossip headquarters.

it was in that closet that wonwoo and soonyoung gossiped about jun's massive crush on minghao (before the two started dating) and it was there that soonyoung had talked about his rising feelings for jihoon.

"you okay soonyoung?" wonwoo asked his best friend. lots of people would say mingyu was his best friend, but really he was a lot closer to soonyoung since they knew each other much longer.

"yeah, It's just one of those days." soonyoung sighed and rubbed his forehead. he had a light headache and it seemed to be getting worse as the day progressed. "jihoon and I cuddled the other night and now I can't stop thinking about being with him in that way, it'll never happen though I know it won't."

"I have one of those days like everyday." wonwoo smiled sadly as he sympathized with soonyoung. "mingyu partnered with some random chick instead of me for our science class. he's so oblivious sometimes I just want to yell at him."

"all you two do is yell at each other though?" soonyoung laughed simply because he couldn't recall a time where the two of them got along without yelling at each other for some stupid reason. "well yeah, an angry mingyu is a hot mingyu."

"sure." soonyoung rolled his eyes at wonwoo's sudden blunt comment. it was no secret between the two that wonwoo had had a thing for their taller friend, except it also wasn't a secret that he enjoyed messing with mingyu purely for the sake of getting a heated reaction out of him.

soonyoung felt a bit better at their brief conversation that would have been longer except the school bell had just rang and the two needed to get to class.

they both left the closet, trying to look as casual as they could as they reentered the hallway. it was clearing up as students began to rush to class which gave wonwoo a clear look at how upset soonyoung looked.

"I'm here for you okay, if you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to bitch to about jihoon I'm here." wonwoo whispered into soonyoung's ear. he knew his friend seemed cold, but really wonwoo was just a puppy; adorable and sensitive.

except wonwoo was more of a cat person so no he wasn't a puppy.

"wow look at the jeon wonwoo being all poetic and shit." soonyoung whispered back into wonwoo's ear, making the black haired student scoff.

"oh shut up." wonwoo jokingly pushed soonyoung away from him. the two laughed with each other in the empty hallway since classes had already begun at that point.

"thank you wonwoo." soonyoung said sincerely, patting wonwoo on the shoulder. wonwoo returned the gesture with a smile that stretched from one of his ears to the other.

"anytime." the two parted ways, but neither noticed jihoon standing nearby, frowning. he felt sad seeing the two hug and talk to each other like an old married couple.

if soonyoung went around hugging and cuddling with all his friends like he did with jihoon, then he was only treating jihoon as a friend and nothing more.

that made jihoon feel completely crushed. for a second there jihoon actually thought he was beginning to feel something real for soonyoung, was it actually just soonyoung being friendly all along?

jihoon maintained the frown on his face during his long walk to his sixth period class, thinking about how he should have known better than misread soonyoung's friendly affectionate antics as something more than what they were.

this was exactly why jihoon hated making new friends; he kept hoping they were something they weren't and he had no clue as to why he thought this way about soonyoung.

= = =
heavily edited on 08/17/20