Chapter 38

Kevin Durant.

I kissed a sleeping hungover Corie's forehead before heading out the house

I kissed a sleeping hungover Corie's forehead before heading out the house. I got in my Hummer and drove off to my destination. I pulled up to the small house. I got out and knocked on the door. The small white woman smiled at me.

"I thought I wasn't going to see you again."

"Well I had to come back."

"I'm guessing you are still with that pretty girl and you are keeping your promise ?"

I nodded.

"Come on, I'll show you them."

I followed her to the big area of the specific dog that Corie wanted. All I seen was white , black and brown colored balls rolling around and running around.

"Which one would you like ?"

I saw some in the corners , sitting but one caught my eye. It was barking and terrorizing everyone else in there. Another dog barked back but the dog chased him. The lady stepped in and the little dog looked over at me. She tried to get it but it ran out and jumped on my leg.

"Sorry about him , he's the newest edition."

I picked up the little white fur ball with my left hand. I looked at him and he growled lowly at me. I smirked.

"I want him."

He turned his head at me.

"He's not good at following directions."

"That's even better." I told her.

"Are you sure ?"

I looked over and saw one digging and biting in the corner. I walked over and picked that one up. These boys were about to be evil and I loved it.

I looked at the dogs and nodded.

"I want these."

She gave me papers and all that other shit. They was already neutered and dewormed apparently. I didn't even know what that meant. I took them and placed them the passenger seat. I drove to PetSmart and walked in with the white and tan balls of life in my hand.

"Aye , I got my girlfriend two dogs and I don't know what to get for it."

The old white man smiled at me before helping me. I got a cage, some toys, food , pads for it to piss on , leash and I noticed the clothes. I picked them some shit because Corie was gonna buy it anyway. I grabbed a bag for Corie to carry them in and some spray for them or whatever I was requested to buy. I had to get some other shit for bugs and shit.

"You can get customized collars since you are a new pet owner."

I agreed and already knew the name to name him.

"I want both of them black and one say Koby and Koda."

They nodded and made it. I payed over a thousand all their shit. The clothes costed hundreds. I put the Koby collar on the tan one and the Koda collar on the white one. I walked out with all the bags and the dogs. I took them home as I got a facetime call from Nick.

"YO what are you doing ?"

Koda started barking at Nick. Nick jumped before putting his hand on his chest.

"You scared of them ?"

"I don't like dogs. Why do you have them ?"

"It well they are for Corie."

"Damn you been here for two years and you already getting dogs with your girl ? Y'all getting married. It's obvious."

"Nah that ain't on our agenda right now but I could see myself marrying her." I shrugged, parking my Hummer in the garage. I got all the stuff and put it upstairs on the bed where Corie was still sleep. I grabbed her camera for her channel and set it up on the dresser by the tv before recording. I went downstairs and grabbed the two pups , running back upstairs. I walked in to see her turning over. I placed the two pups on the bed. Koda and Koby walked over to Corie and sat infront of her. Koda was the one that started biting at her and Koby licked her face.

Corie groaned and swung her hand , hitting the fuck out of both of them. I covered my mouth , trying not to laugh as they yelped. Corie opened her eyes and she screamed. The dogs looked at her confused, not even flinching. She grabbed the both of them and held them close to her chest.

"You got me puppies ?"

"I knew you always wanted one so I got you two. One for your birthday and one just because I wanted to make you happy."

She pouted before crying. I wiped away her tears.

"You don't like them ?"

"No , you are just so sweet to me." She said, jumping onto my lap as she put the dogs down. She pulled me close and I held her. I heard a bark and I pulled away from her embrace.

"Koda shut up. "

"Koda ?"

"Yeah , Koda and Koby."

"I like it." She smiled , kissing my lips softly. I tried to kiss her again but she dodged it.

"We can't do this in front of them."

"They are dogs."

"But they are babies." She whined. I sighed and put her back on the bed. I stood up and showed her all the shit I bought.

"I got the damn dogs some clothes because I knew your headass would like it." I told her, tossing her the bag of clothes. I was still talking before I heard a click. I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Sorry , continue."

"What does de-wormed mean ?"

"That means they put a medicine in them to get rid of possible parasites."

I just shrugged before finishing.

"Yeah , I just got a lot of stuff."

"You are so sweet to me." She spoke with a smile.

"You're welcome."

"Oh where are my manners ? Thanks baby."

I walked over and pecked her lips.

"Anything to make you happy."