Chapter 19

Corie Rayvon.

"So what am I doing ?" I asked them

"Just asking the questions on this sheet of paper and you are interviewing the Perth Lynx team." The director said to me , giving me some small note cards.

"Oh okay."

I sat there awhile against the backdrop as Kevin texted me.

💙 Kev 💛 you ain't tell me if you made it there safely 🤔

My bad babe

💙 Kev 💛 mhm , when you coming back home ?

I'm leaving tomorrow so I won't be back home until after your game

💙 Kev 💛 I'll send my driver to take you home

You don't have to

💙 Kev 💛 Well I am and I'm not arguing with you about it 😑

Oh really ? Anyway we gotta discuss some things when I come back.

💙 Kev 💛 Why ?

Don't question it.

💙 Kev 💛 Is it bad ?

Maybe , I gotta go do this interview so bye

I locked my phone and put it under my thigh. I sat there a little longer before a tall darkskin woman walked in. She was talking to another woman as she laughed walking over.

 She was talking to another woman as she laughed walking over

"Corie Rayvon." I said, shaking her hand. She raised an eyebrow and pulled away.

"Monica Wright."

My body immediately went cold. I froze up. This was Kevin's ex-fiance'. The one he proposed to. The one he planned to spend the rest of his life with.

Don't let her faze you.

I straightened up my shoulders and put a huge smile on my face.

"It's great to meet you."

I sat down in my chair and got ready to ask her some questions. She kept staring at me and I noticed a look of disgust she had on her face. I ignored it and started off asking her some questions.

"So how long have you been playing for the Perth Lynx ?"

"Two years."

"Do you find any differences playing in Australia than the United States ?"

"Yes."

She evidently has an attitude and I don't have time for it so two can play this game.

"And what differences do you specifically see ? Can you give some examples ?"

Monica gave some actual answers and I smiled. I was slowly getting pettier by the second. If I wasn't acting like Jilly right now , I don't know who I was acting like because this isn't me.

"What people do you give credit to that helped you grow ?"

"I would say my parents mostly my dad since he played in the NBA."

"Anyone else ?" I questioned.

"Vin helped a lot."

"Who's that ?"

"Oh my bad , my ex Kevin Durant." She bragged.

"Why did you two break up ?"

"We wanted different things." She snarled.

"I heard you wanted one thing and that didn't end up well for you." I muttered.

"Okay commercial break." The director shouted, moving away from the camera. She was yelling and shit and I grabbed my phone and got on it to see Jilly texted me.

JillyBean drag her for filth !

Lmfao I wasn't trying too.

Someone snatched my phone and I saw it was Monica. I stood up and reached for my phone.

"Can you give me my phone back ? Because now I have a right to drag your ass right now since you fucking with my shit."

"You have no right to ask me questions about my personal life."

"Then you should've said you didn't want to speak about it. And I'm not asking, give me my phone back before I stab the fuck out of your ass."

She wanted to taunt me so she held up in the air , knowing she was slightly taller than me. I don't play games so I kicked her in her privates and she fell to the ground. I stood above her and took it, bending down I told her something.

"I'm not the one to fuck with so watch yourself." I whispered before standing up. Security pulled me away from her and brought me back to my dressing room. My manager walked in and she shook her head at me.

"What ?"

"What was that out there ?"

"She tried me."

"Ugh , I know you and Kevin are together but did you really let his ex get to you like that ?"

"Originally no. But you can't say she didn't have an attitude since she walked through the door. I was playing nice until she wanted to get all bitchy." I told her.

"Well they cancelled the whole interview now. But luckily Australian Vogue had Kim Kardashian scheduled but she cancelled so this is the perfect opportunity."

We left and Monica was still screaming and cursing. We went back to the hotel and I finally got wash my hair since they wanted it curly. I dried my hair off and left with one of Kevin's t-shirts and some shorts. I met my manager Sloan in lobby and we went off to the photoshoot.

I got there and they wanted me to change into this two piece bathing suit with a red top and black bottoms. I took a couple of pictures and they were more easy to work with then some other companies I worked with. I waved goodbye to them , getting on my flight.

Back home I go.