Chapter 23

Kevin a little cute here , just saying.

--------------------------------------------

Kevin Durant.

I walked into this random area where this shoot was supposed to be for Tommy Hilfiger

"There goes the man of the hour . I'm your photographer Nevio." He said, sticking his hand out. I shook it back before pulling away.

"Kevin Durant."

"You can just change clothes over there." 

I walked over and changed behind the thing covering me. I slipped on my jacket that fit perfectly surprisingly.  I walked out and I noticed familiar brown hair talking to Nevio. Nevio said something to her and she turned around.

"Corie ?"

"Oh hey." She waved softly. Corie bit her lip and looked down, pushing her hair behind her ears.

"For a happy couple you two actually act weird , just go and stand against the backdrop."

She walked ahead me and stood there awkwardly next to me.

"Can we not make this weird ?" I whispered to her. It was too awkward since I was still pissed at her but I wasn't trying to not let it show.

"Sorry. Sorry." She said , as her voice shook.

The hell ?

"You good ?"

She quickly nodded her head and something was too off about her. I was still pissed off at her but I cared too much to let this randomly slide. I stood infront of her and brought her eyes to mine and her eyes weren't even green anymore.

"Corie , what's wrong ?"

"I"m fine. I swear." Her voice slurred. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fell limp. I caught her before I screamed.

"CALL AN AMBULANCE !"

------------------------------------------------------------

I tapped my feet against the floor , impatiently. I rocked back and forth. I heard heels clacking against the floor and I looked up to see Jillian and Klay.

"What the fuck happened ?"

"I don't know. We both scheduled for the same shoot and I was just tryna talk to her and I knew something was off and when I asked her , she just passed out. I don't know."

"Corie Rayvon ?"

I stood up and walked over to the doctor. He awkwardly looked up to me.

"I'll walk you guys to her room while I tell you what happened."

We followed him as he explained.

"We found her mixing alcohol and Adderall , it was all in her system. She ending up overdosing on them a little too much, we pumped her stomach and got it all out.  She's awake and perfectly fine." He said, stopping at the door.  I immediately opened it , pissed off. 

"You really turned into a fucking druggie and almost lost your life ?" I shouted.

"Don't yell at me !"

"It's obviously someone needs to since you lost your damn mind !"

"I lost it when you left Kevin ! Sorry that I became depended on something because you weren't there. Fucking sorry that I'm so fucked up I chose to help someone that I thought I was important to but in reality they fucking don't ! I'm sorry that I made fucked up choices ! "

"Don't fucking blame me for something you choose to do ! I didn't force you to do that shit !"

We didn't notice Klay and Jilly tiptoeing back out of the room.

"Whatever." She said, folding her arms .

"Unfold your arms when I'm talking to you."

She unfolded them and started messing with shit.

"Why the fuck was he there at your house ?"

"Oh now you want to talk about it ?"

"Answer the damn question."

She sighed and explained herself.

" He just needed someone to talk to and I let him in. I wasn't thinking like the Corie that moved on , I was thinking like the old Corie that didn't even know you yet." She mumbled. I groaned and rubbed my face in frustration. 

"But why ?"

"What do you mean why ?"

"Why ? He gave you negative things and took away from you. I know for a fact you know no one but him that has the ability to give you drugs. He even helped you on your path of destruction before you went to rehab. He even went as far as stealing from you. He's probably fucking another bitch while you are in the hospital. He's the only person not here for you right now."

"He needs me Kev."

"He doesn't need you. He uses you. Don't you see it ?"

She nodded and sniffles.  That broke my heart. I walked over to her and sat on the edge of her bed and held her hand.

" I can't keep letting him do this to me."

"You can't baby." I said, whipping her tears. It was a moment of silence before she spoke again.

"Am I baby now ?" 

"I mean I guess."

"Can you apologize for the Monica stuff you said ? It really hurt my feelings." She pouted.

"Now knowing what really went down , I'm sorry that I compared you to her."

She nodded , looking down. One of her strands fell down her face. I picked it up , pushing it behind her ear which she always does. She smiled slightly and I stared into her eyes. They were gaining their color back and that put a smile to my face.

"MY BABY !"

I turned to see her parents. 

"You called my parents ?"

"I had to." I spoke as her parents rush over to her. I sat in the chair as they held their only child.

"What happened ?"

"I-I-"

"She was just dehydrated and over stressed.  They just told her to keep it easy for a week and she will be fine." I lied for her. They nodded and turned back to her. She smiled at me and mouthed a thank you. I nodded and mouthed you welcome.