@bourbonvanilla

bourbonvanilla is a romance author whose books will definitely keep you hooked! Here's what she had to say.

1. When and why did you start writing?

I actually started writing when I was a kid already. I had a lot of imagination and the teachers in school always praised my work, so I started working on it very early. To thunk about it, I wrote my first short story on my own when I was around 8 or 9 years old.

2. Where do you get inspiration and ideas from?

I don't know if this sounds weird, but a lot of ideas for scenes pop into my head when I'm showering. I get all the ideas from my head, every scene and dialogue comes from my head. I imagine my characters as real people and the inspiration can come from my everyday life when I think 'ok, but  how would they react?' I like ti recreate my reality sometimes.

3. What do you think is the hardest part of writing?

I think it's being consistent with writing and coming up with ideas. Because ideas don't always come and sometimes you have to sit in front of your computer for hours, starting at a blank page. I sometimes get a great idea in my mind, but it takes me hours to write it just because I don't like how it's been written the first time or it just doesn't soumd okay.

4. How did you feel when your book A Taste of Sin hit 5M views?

I was ecstatic and shocked, to be honest. I've never even dared to imagine any of my books would come this far. I love writing and it makes me unbelievably happy and surprised when people read and like my work. I'm just on here to do what I love, all the reads and votes are just a bonus.

5. Are your characters based on real people?

Some are inspired by real people, yes, but I like to add my own things, something that just says 'me'. I never use the same personality. I give them my own.

6. Are you planning on writing more books? What genre will they most likely be?

Yes, of course! I'm currently working on a few things. I'll stick with romance, of course, adult and teen fiction probably.

7. Would you like to share some advice with new writers on Wattpad?

Just write. It doesn't matter about what, if you have a story you want to let out, do it. Don't depend on reads and votes, either. Write because you want to, because it's yoir passion and you have something to say. Don't make it about votes and reads because they can be discouraging at the beginning. We've all started from nothing and we were stubborn enough to not give up.

This was bourbonvanilla. Go check out her books!

Comment who you want me to interview next!