f i f t e e n

S A T U R D A Y

S A T U R D A Y

Effy carefully sat up and hissed from a sudden sharp pain in her lower back. With her brows furrowed and her lips pulled back, she climbed out of bed and went to the mirror attached to Dean's dresser. She pulled her shirt up and turned and through the reflection, she found a colorful bruise on her lower left back.

With shallow breaths, she looked around the empty room. Her thoughts all over the place as she tried to process her odd dream. Was it a dream? It felt so real. There was only one way to find out. She scurried to her discarded bag in the corner and shuffled through looking for her phone. The only way to find out if it were real was to call Astrid and check. If she picked up, she was fine, but if she didn't... Effy hissed when she couldn't find the device. Her heart racing in her chest as she searched a third time. When she came up short again, she took another look around the room and spotted the cracked open door.

Slowly, she shuffled over. She could hear footsteps and clattering coming from downstairs. Knowing it to be Dean, she carefully tiptoed down the hall to the restroom. With a heart in her throat, she timidly pushed the door open. There, right in front of her, stood no blood stains or signs of struggle... or dead Astrid's. Just an empty bathroom. Effy's brows pinched together.

"What're you doing?" Dean's sudden voice sent Effy jumping and her heart leaping into her throat, nearly choking her right then. She quickly spun around with wide eyes, looking like she'd seen a ghost. Dean smirked. "Whoa, jumpy are we?" he teased as he leaned against the framing.

Effy opened her mouth to speak, but her voice got lost in her throat. As she stammered in front of him, completely caught off guard like a deer in headlights, Dean's grin faded to a concerning stare. "Hey? You okay?"

When he took a step forward, Effy unintentionally backed up.

"Yeah, I just... you s-scared me is all."

"Did you just wake up? Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

Effy shook her head. "No, I'm fine... t-thank you,"

Dean gave her an uncertain look. "Ok," he murmured as he turned and went to the bedroom. Effy faught to catch her breath and calm her racing heart. Her head felt light and she felt sick to her stomach from the nerves. After a moment, she took a deep breath and hesitantly followed.

Dean was standing in front of his closet shuffling through for something to wear. Pulling his shirt off over his head and tossing it in the dirty hamper, his dog pin necklace lying limp on his bare chest, Effy lingered by the door as she watched him take a white t-shirt and slip it on.

"Have you seen my phone?" she timidly asked with a small voice. Dean shook his head. Not thinking much of the question. "I can't find it."

"Did you check the bed?" He offered as he briefly glanced over his shoulder at the unmade bed.