Chapter Twenty-Nine

ALICE

"Shit! Your mate is following us!"

Our feet kept on climbing up the stairs and if there was a way to actually climb faster like parkour in every railing then we could have done it already but the walls are really thick and crammed in four corners. It was pure cemented staircases. There were no metal railings. I didn't know it would be this rundown.

I heard Drayce growl so hard and I stopped in the middle of racing against him. Tina and Liones halted as well with faces like how this was so not happening. I shut my eyes and calmed down before facing Drayce. He halted two staircases away from me. Whimpering at my sight. I can feel his anxiety poking my ribs through the heart. I walked to him and hugged his furry and broad wolf neck with love—reassuring him that everything was okay and that I was fine. He gave me a soft lick and I giggled. His forehead buried itself on my chest. I stroked his scalp slowly.

"Drayce, listen to me." I pulled away and stared right into his eyes, "we are going to save Valena and Fiona. They are our friends."

Drayce's eyes started to scan their surroundings because he felt presences. Does he know?

Tina walked to me and gave me the pill we took earlier. I thanked her and that earned me a wondering look from Drayce. His ears were twitching as if trying to comprehend on who I was talking.

I gave him the pill and he didn't hesitate to take it. His eyes slowly blinked and he saw Liones and Tina. He didn't show any rage or fear. He knew they were with me because they were invisible at first. It was an indication that they are here to be allies and not foes.

He nudged my body to the side as if making me step aside. I raised my eyebrow and Drayce led his way to the next floor.

"I think he wants to help us." Tina told me and grinned, "yes! An alpha is on our side!"

"I'm worried." I clutched my chest with my fist.

"Don't be. Your mate is the strongest alpha of this country." Liones puts his arm around me and Drayce noticed so he gave him a warning snarl. Liones retrieved his arm from my shoulder and shrank a bit, "oops."

Drayce even has a time for being possessive.

-.-.-

It has been 10 minutes or 15 minutes. We only have around a few minutes to save Valena and Fiona. Thank the moon goddess that the only enemies we are actually going to face are the 3 guards parading around the area. I could see a metal door on the very edge. That is where Valena and Fiona are kept. Tina told us that Fiona's father isn't here. He is back at their mansion. Who does that?

We were all standing a few feet away from them. They couldn't see us but they could see Drayce in an instant. The enemies noticed him and prepared themselves. They know they aren't fighting against a normal werewolf. They are fighting against Drayce—my Drayce.

Tina and Liones prepared themselves as well with their weapons. They told me I will be the one to get to Valena and Fiona as they fend them off for me to have allowance.

The three of the vampires started to engage and I ran towards the sides. Drayce sprinted towards one of them and held him down but the vampire wasn't normal as well. I could say he was somewhat like a beta in a platoon. He had the power to throw Drayce away. Tina and Liones were struggling as well. The ones they are fighting could sense their presences. They dodge and attack at the same time in open air. When Tina and Liones try to strike, it is as if they could locate the direction of their weapons.

I don't have time to idle. I have to get to the metal door.

I ran as fast as I could and accidentally stumbled on the floor because of an unwanted bump from the ground. One of the enemies noticed and sprinted to my direction. I quickly rolled myself to the side as he bumps into an open space. He looked around and then down on me. I stopped when I was trying to drag myself away from him. I realized that his eyes were going to be as sharp as an eagle and he could see the faint dust dragging along with me. He was about to strike at me but then Liones jumped on him quickly and threw him away. He raised his knife and ran with lightning speed to the enemy and struck him at the heart.