CHAPTER TWENTY - TWO: JUST LIKE HOW

Start from the beginning

"Where to now? Let's have breakfast at your house Suga," Jin said.

I just nodded at them and all six of us began walking, wiping our sweats with the hand towels Jin had distributed to us. Jin is like the Mr. Taker of us all. I find it sweet and annoying at times. Tae acts like a baby and a brat because of Jin's attentiveness.

In the corner of my eye, I saw some girls filming our walking. Tsk, these girls don't know enough hayaa (shyness/modesty) in them. My thoughts went back to the girl who was able to resist my charm and my kiss, my Kismet, and I wish time would run faster so I could already talk to her face to face. Wednesday seemed too far away.

We reached my home and the cook prepared our meal. I ate just a little and hit the shower. The boys also went to the guests' bathroom. My house is made up of 10 rooms. I bought this big house as part of my plan to settle down sometime in the future.

I let the water cascade down my naked body as my mind went back again to the woman who cried for RM few hour ago. Fatima does not love me, I am very much aware of that. But it does not sadden nor threaten me at all. For some reason, that magical night when she got my phone and texted me with, "Kismet. I'm here. Waiting. Let's get lost. Please," gave me the confidence that one way or another, someway, somehow, we are destined for each other.

"Sweet November," I whispered.

When can we get lost with each other?

After dressing up, I opened my laptop, got my headphones. This time instead of a note for my kismet, I decided to leave a voice message for her. After talking my heart out, I attached the voice clip in an e-mail then sent it to Fatima Maryam.

Somebody knocked at my door and saw that it was Jimin. He smiled at me then sat on my bed. Then he lay down and inhaled, it was a frustrated sigh.

"I can't get her off my mind man," he began.

I closed my laptop and just smirked at him. We all know that playing basketball was just our way of getting rid of the anxiety we have for the day. J – Hope told us last night that Isaac is proposing to her this afternoon. And it did not do us well at all. Jimin suddenly sat down and looked over the window.

"Aish, I told myself I would be okay with unconditionally liking her, but why do I pray she would say no to Isaac?" Jimin asked.

I wish for the same thing too but the logic in me knows she will say yes. Jimin now looked at me with a pouty expression.

"You'll get over it," I simply told him.

I stood up and made way towards the door.

"How about some video games?" I offered.

"Cool!" he answered, then quickly got off from my bed. Great, now my bed's unmade again. I just shook my head and widely opened the door for him. After Jimin got out, I followed him towards my game room. I guess the six of us will just keep ourselves preoccupied until the day is done and we have to face the inevitable truth.

My Kismet's getting engaged to her boss. Ya Allah, despite all this, I still trust Your Plan you have for Fatima and me, and for all of us too.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

It was 10 am, and I was tasked by Mom to dust every corner of the small living room we have. Yes, I already told them my boss is coming over this afternoon with his parents to formally ask for my hand in marriage. My siblings who love RM were not happy about it. My Mom got all nervous and began assigning task for her children. While Dad was simply quiet.