TWO.

BOUNTY #4810

ANDROMEDA GALAXY, SPACEGLOSS INTERSTELLAR STARSHIP CIRCA 6018

GLOSS INTERSTELLAR STARSHIP
CIRCA 6018

Jimin followed quietly behind Taehyung as the latter lead him to the conference room.

Jimin wondered if maybe the entire crew was scheduled to meet him since the two of them hadn't passed a single soul on their walk. There were patches of light embedded into the floor borders, their color a soft blue that lit the delicate socks on Jimin's feet and made the ground of the hall seem to glow eerily. There was also that sterilized coolness in the air that Jimin felt in the infirmary, nipping at his bare arms and neck.

Taehyung turned to his right, not once glancing over his shoulder to assure Jimin was indeed following him, just believing so. They found themselves in front of a set of steel doors and Jimin marvelled how the same light blue light seemed to make it's way down the the center where the two would eventually split. On the wall beside the doors was a black, glass panel. Taehyung took the pad of his finger and began pressing a code onto its surface, the spaces his finger fell against lighting up beneath them and dimming when they left.

Technology had always been a thing that fascinated Jimin since he's never been able to fully appreciate it's wonders. He'd have to use his imagination through his parents' stories and through Comm stations on the latest improvements and innovations. Seeing the advancements up close left Jimin speechless, even if he didn't hold the confidence to say much of anything at all.

The doors slid open with a hum, revealing the room Jimin had-even if for a second-met Namjoon in. He concluded, bitterly and nervously, that he may have been right about the entirety of the crew being present. There weren't too many people, probably so the ship didn't overcrowd, but there was enough to make Jimin feel as if he were the victim of public execution. He'd witnessed one before, too. It was when he turned sixteen, two years after both his parents passed, venturing into the square when he mistook the execution for food rationings because of how wild and excited the surrounding crowd became.

It made him sick to his stomach. That crazed, boisterous crowd living through the death of one of their own. It also made him retract his thoughts--none of them regarded each other with similarity and relatability, that wasn't the type of society Earth was.

Jimin was brought out of his reverie when Taehyung's hand fitted against the small of his back, ushering him gently forward and further into the conference room. Jimin thought back to his life on Earth in those seconds. He thought back to how he wasn't scared when his parents didn't come back to their hut the night of the screams and howls of the land creatures, he thought back to when he wasn't scared of the fights that broke out in the streets, he thought back to when he was hurt and broken and even then, he hadn't been scared.