08. Awake

What time is it?

I opened my eyes, and sat up on the bed, then I looked up at the clock that was hanging on the wall.

08:45 PM.

I jumped out of the bed after I heard Yeontan that was barking.

Wait a second, Did I just say 'Yeontan'?

Suddenly, I remembered the time when I left Chaerin with Taehyung and his dog alone. I ran towards the bedroom door, and opened it.

There was no sound. The silence was ruling all over the house. This must be a dream. Yes, Seokjin. You are just dreaming.

I pinched my arm in order to make sure whether I was dreaming or not, but nothing happened. So, this is real.

I went to the kitchen, and poured myself a drink, then I walked towards the window to see outside. I took a sip, and closed my eyes.

Again, I heard Yeontan. He was barking, and this sound was coming from the kitchen.

I decided to see whether it was him, so I put the drink down beside the window, and started to walk towards the kitchen.

Suddenly, Yeontan came out of there, and started licking my shoes. I knelt down, and patted his head, "You almost scared me," I stood up, and looked down at him, "Where is Taehyung?"

He just barked. What were you thinking, Seokjin? You didn't expect him to tell you where Taehyung is, did you?

I decided to call Taehyung, but he wasn't picking his phone up. Also, I tried calling the rest of them, but it was useless, and I was starting to get worried.

I rubbed the back of my head, "Why wouldn't Taehyung take you to his house?"

All I received as an answer was hearing him barking.

After letting a breath out, I picked Yeontan up, and headed towards the couch in order to sit down on it, then I turned the TV on.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked Yeontan as I was patting his head, having him on my lap. "Again, I forgot that you are just a dog."

Everywhere was so quiet, and I couldn't handle it, because it was unsual.

I want them back. I want my boys back.

As I was patting Yeontan's head, my cellphone started ringing. After seeing Jimin's name on my phone screen, I rejected the phonecall, but he wasn't giving up, so he called once more.

I picked it up, "Yes?"

"Are you kidding me?" Jimin asked on the phone as I could hear him breathing. "You are an adualt, but you act like a child," He let a breath out. "Listen, I was busy, okay?"

I laughed, "Very funny."

"I know whom you're looking for," He said, grabbing my attention. "But, you know what?" He paused for a bit, "You can kiss my ass."

Before I could say anything, he hung up the phone, and left me with an open mouth.

I looked down at Yeontan, "See? That was uncle Jimin talking to me like that," I let a breath out. "And, I have no idea why Chaerin likes him,"

Yeontan barked.

"Oh, right! They were the ones who made her laugh," Remembering that moment, put a smile on my face. "After all, Jimin was kicked in the balls by Taehyung."

Again, Yeontan barked, and I put him down on the floor.

I stood up, and walked towards the door in order to get some fresh air. After opening it, a car stopped by the gate, and Taehyung came out of it as he was holding Chaerin's hand.

I wanted to scream and shout, but I just couldn't do it in front of her, instead I tried to keep the fake smile on my face.

Taehyung waved at me, "Seokjin!" Then, he ran towards me as he was still holding Chaerin's hand. "I hope that you're not mad at me."

I was still keeping the fake smile on my face, "No, I'm not."

He widened his eyes, "Is this really you?"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, come on! What's better than knowing my little Chaerin is having fun?"

Keep calm, Seokjin! I know that you want to punch him right in the face, but Chaerin is watching you.

I patted Chaerin's hair, "Did you have fun with him?"

I waited and I waited, but received no answer.

Oh, I forgot that she doesn't talk to me.

Taehyung looked down at her, "Did you have fun?"

She smiled, and clapped, "Yes!"

Taehyung knelt down in front of her, and held her arms as he was looking straight through her eyes, "Then, why didn't you answer Jinnie?"

She stared down at her shoes, but Taehyung held up her chin, "Bee, that's not a good behaviour."

She remained quiet, but she switched her glance at me, "I'm sorry."

Wait a second, did she really apologize to me?

Taehyung patted her hair, and stood on his own feet as he was smiling, "Good girl!" Then, he entered the house, and started shouting Yeontan's name.

I smiled at Chaerin, "Come on in."

Right after she came in, I closed the door, and looked at Taehyung that was hugging Yeontan.

"I missed you, buddy!" He said to Yeontan, then he led his dog to Chaerin, and she started to play with him.

Slowly, Taehyung walked towards me, and put his hands in his pockets.

"What have you said to Jimin?" He started the conversation.

"What do you mean?" I asked, widening my eyes. "He was the one who told me to kiss his ass!" I whisper-yelled. "You should have heard him talking to me like that on the phone."

"I've never experienced that," He chuckled. "He never talks to me that way."

"Forget it," I rolled my eyes. "Where did you and Chaerin go?"

"To the park," He placed his hand on my shoulder. "And, don't worry, I talked to her about you."

"Really?"

"Well, of course," He smiled. "I'm not that bad, you know?" He let a breath out. "You just know the half of me."

"Have you eaten something?" I asked, and he shook his head.

I walked towards the kitchen in order to cook, but as I was walking, I stepped on something. Slowly, I looked down to see what it was.

Chaerin started to laugh, and she was pointing at my shoes, causing Taehyung to rush towards me to see what it was.

Why am I such an unlucky man on earth?

"Uncle Taehyung?" She turned her face at Taehyung as she couldn't stop laughing. "Is that your dog's poop?"

To be continued...