13. Chaerin

"Chaerin!"

We were all shouting her name, but it didn't seem work.

"Chaerin! Chaerin!"

No. Still, not working.

"Chaerin! Chaerin, can you hear me?"

I was about to shout her name out when Yoongi called out my name, "Seokjin!" We all turned our faces at him to see what he had found. "That's her! I can see her!"

Yoongi caught her, and carried her to the sandy land in order to do that CPR thing which I am familiar with, and we all ran out of the water to see how my little girl is doing. When she had coughed water, she was slowly coming back to life, and that was when I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go from my arms.

"J-Jinnie," She tried to speak as I was pressing her head to my chest. "Jinnie, y-you're hurting me."

"I love you so much, baby," I don't know why, but I couldn't stop my tears. They had found their way, and they were escaping my eyes. "Please, don't do this to me, again."

"Group hug!" Taehyung shouted, and after a few seconds silence, they all gave us a group hug.

"Guys, it's better if we go home, now, don't you think?" I asked as it was getting harder for me to breathe, because Hoseok was hugging me, tightly. "And, Hoseok, please, let go of my neck."

"Oops!" Hoseok smiled, and they all stood up while Chaerin and I were still sitting right where we were. "I'm hungry."

"Let's go to a restaurant or something," Yoongi said, and Hoseok rolled his eyes at him. "What is that for?"

"I still haven't forgotten the time when you and Jungkook were having a little secret chat," Hoseok answered, and Yoongi widened his eyes. "Thank you, guys, but I'm no longer hungry. I'm going home."

"Oh, come on, don't behave like a child!" Yoongi said, and gripped Hoseok's wrist who was leaving them behind. "What is wrong with you?"

"What is wrong with me?" Hoseok wriggled his hand out of Yoongi's grip, and pushes him which caused him to stumble back a few steps. "You've been acting like a jerk, lately!" Hoseok shouted at Yoongi which was unexpected, to be honest. "I'm going home, guys."

As Hoseok was getting farther, Yoongi ran after him while he was calling out his name for several times, but Hoseok wasn't even bothering himself to turn around in order to listen to him.

"Is uncle Hobi mad at me?" Chaerin looked up at me as she was still in my arms, her head resting on my chest.

"No, sweetie, he— um— he is just mad with Yoongi."

"But uncle Yoongi is so nice," Chaerin said, and that made Jimin laugh, which caused me to give him a death glare.

"Sorry." Quickly, Jimin apologized, but soon burst into laughter, again.

"I know uncle Yoongi is sometime not in the mood— no, I mean he is never in the mood, but I still love him," Chaerin said, and let out a breath. "Because he is is so kind and nice."

"Are you sure—" Jimin didn't get the chance to complete his sentence, because he was elbowed in the arm by Taehyung. "Ouch!"

Seeing Hoseok running away from Yoongi kind of hurt, but that was how Hoseok always treated Yoongi. Like a child. Jealousy was taking over him, and he knew that he couldn't control his feelings which is why he suddenly stopped, and hugged Yoongi like he didn't even want to let go.

We all smiled at them though they were way too far from us, but we still could feel something for sure that we were a family. A family with a new member. Chaerin.

✿✿✿

It's been a few months since I haven't seen the boys. They were all busy these days, and they didn't have much time to spend it with us. Chaerin and me, I mean. So, I decided to invite officer Lee over. That man helped me when I was running out of hope, and he gave me a new life by talking to his friends at the court to have my back.

After serving dinner, I could see that officer Lee was making friends with Chaerin. He was such a kind man, and that was clear, though.

"I have a little girl just like you," Officer Lee said, and a smile appeared on Chaerin's face. "She's about your age," He patted her hair. "And I'm sure that she would love to be friends with you."

"Really?!" Chaerin smiled, and then turned her face at me to ask me a question, "Jinnie? Can I be friends with her? I'm sure that she is a nice girl. Just like me, don't you think?"

I laughed. "Of course, baby. Of course."

The doorbell started ringing.

"Were you expecting someone?" Officer Lee asked, and I shook my head.

I stood up from the sofa, and walked up towards the door, having Chaerin in my arms, her arms wrapped around my neck. After opening the door, we saw the boys having colorful balloons, and a cake in their hands.

"SURPRISE!"

to be continued...

[A/N]
One more chapter left.

By the way, I have published a new namjin book called "The Time Machine". I would be happy if you could please check it out. Thank you.