Ch 17: Poison Oak

Axel pushes through the door roughly and points his gun. I come up beside him and crouch, gun pointed forward. Nobody seems to be around.

"What kind of place doesn't have guards?" Axel frowns. I shrug over at him and sniff the air.

"There's at least five people near us. And I'm not counting the ones in the basement," I whisper and look around for an exit. The only clue is a locked door.

"Of course its locked!!" Axel exclaims, throwing his hands in the air. I glare at him and start looking through drawers.

"Watch the door while I search," I keep tearing through drawers until I come across a folder labeled 'classified'. I don't bother reading it, instead, I shove it into the waistband of my stolen shorts.

"What'd you find?"

"I'm not sure, but its called 'classified'. You know how my dad is, he'll want to know," I shrug and walk up to the door. I rembered that I had keys from Remi that I could use.

I turn around and lock the basement door, and shove a chair under the door knob. I hadn't thought of it before, but that other girl I found, could've had keys.

"Let's get out of here," I say and shove several keys into the lock. After the third one, it jiggles open with a low growl. We raise our guns and peek around the door frame.

I make a motion for Axel to follow as we move forward into the next room. I swear, this group is trying to make a real life horror game!

The next door isn't locked, but I definitely hear voices on the other side. We glance at each other and look for extra ammo. We both load our guns to full, and shove the rest of the bullets in our pockets.

I twist open the door and hold my gun in front of me. A tall male turns around and growls. Axel snarls and steps toward him. I keep my gun raised, as Axel lowers his. He always preferred hand to hand combat rather than gun fights. Axel dives at him and takes out his legs.

I watch the door, waiting for more to come. And, they do. Several others burst through the door. I start shooting and easily take out at least two. I hear grunts behind me as they continue to fight. I tuck my gun back into my pocket and punch a girl in the face.

She backs away, screaming and crying. Another guys jumps at me from the side and gets a good punch in before I kick him in the jaw. I slam my feet on to his toes, hearing a sickening crunch before kicking him again. He falls backwards, hands flailing, he hits a painting off the wall and pierces himself in the eye. The girl continues screaming.

"If you don't shut up, I'll put a bullet through your head," I yell, as I punch someone else in the face. I notice Axel is back at my side and is punching several other guys.

The only reason we haven't shifted yet is because we can't do it fast enough. Plus, its hard to use a gun with paws, you know?

I rush forward and slam the door closed, and Axel holds it shut. I push a desk in front of it and sigh.

"If you didn't have a mate, I swear I would be all over you right now," Axel smirks at me and roll my eyes. I turn back to the girl and she's crying in the corner.

"You must be an intern," I raise an eyebrow. She lifts her head and nods. I sigh.
"I suggest you quit working here."

She nods again, and I help her up.

"What's the quickest way out of here?" Axel asks. She turns to him and their eyes lock. I feel electricity in the air as Axel mumbles 'mate'.

She turns away, shy. I would be too, I mean, she just witnessed like, 5 murders. Axel continues staring at her, and she stares at the floor.