Ch 3: Unwilling change of plans

Chapter 3: Unwilling Change of Plans

"No way," Remi says, shaking her head.

"Yes way," I nod my head, smirking.

"You can't just leave, Em!" She stands up, arms going into the air.

"You have no idea how badly I want to be a warrior," I stand up, towering over her small stature.
"I'll be a warrior, no matter what. Even if it means leaving."

"Your being dramatic," she sighs, resting a hand on my shoulder. I shake it off immediately. She stops herself from rolling her eyes.

"I don't care, Rem. I'm leaving and you can't stop me," I go to my closet and pull my duffel bag out.

"I could if I tell a guard or your parents, that way you'll be in lock down and never be a warrior," she smirks back at me.

I freeze, tank top hovering above my bag.

"What?" I say through gritted teeth, standing up, turning towards her. She stands with confidence, and I feel a surge of pride.

"You heard me," she steps forward, confidence never faltering.
"As your best friend, I'm telling you this is an awful idea."

I break down in tears and collapse to the floor.

"All I've ever wanted to be is a warrior. This is the only thing that'll make me happy, Rem. I don't want a mate, I don't want kids and I don't want to be anything but a warrior!" I slam my fist onto my carpet, tears soaking my face.

"I know, I know," Remi whispers into my hair, hugging me. We lay like that for a couple of minutes until I'm left with sniffling, and my tears dry up.

"Promise me you won't run away," she says, twisting my hair.

"I promise," I whisper, more to myself than her.

◼◼◼

I sat quietly on a large rock, deep within the forest. I wasn't even sure of I was still in our territory. I didn't care. I just wanted to he away from everyone and be alone. After Remi calmed me down, she left and I ran out into the forest.

Now, I sit on this large rock, in front of a beautiful stream. I pick up a small stone, throwing it into the flowing water. It hits the water with a satisfying splash. I continue to throw stones into the water. A breeze whistles through the tall trees causing me to shiver.

A twig snaps behind me and I whip mg head around, ears perked. A low growl leaves my mouth. Another twig snaps to the left of me, once again my head twists into that direction. Towards the right side, leaves crunch and water splashes. I jump up and stare at the stream.

"Wh-whos there?" I stutter, heart racing. I search for my confidence, as I hear another twig snap. I turn just in time to see a black wolf run through the trees.
"Wait!"

The blur doesn't stop so I shift and follow the stranger. The woof runs faster, almost teasing me. I find a burst of energy and I catch up to the mysterious wolf. I tackle them to the ground and I land on top, canines beared.

The wolf gasps and tries to push me off.

"Who are you?" I growl at the wolf, hoping to appear menacing. The wolf doesn't answer just growls lowly. It's a male.
"I said who are you?" I roar, my nose almost touching his. His eyes widen.

"Who am I? Who are you?" He growls at me, smirking.

"I asked you first," I smirk back, still on top of his black wolf.

"Ladies first," he smiles at me. I feel my heart speed up.

"I'm Ember Cast," I state proudly, smiling back down at him.

"Harley Steel," he says, making my heart jump again.
"Now that we know each other, could you get off of me?"

"Oh uh, sorry," I blush, not moving right away.
"Your not going to run off again, right?"

"I won't leave."

With that, I climb off of him.

"What are you doing out here?" I ask, sitting down and cocking my head to the side. For once, I'm hoping I appear as cute.

"I could ask you the same," he says, clearly avoiding my questions.

"Stop turning the questions back on me."

"Fine. I'm a rogue," he lowers his head as if in shame.

"Oh." I say lightly.
"Well that's OK."

"I'm glad I have your approval," he says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Why were you running around me?"

"Because I can."

"That's not a good answer," I point out.

"You ask a lot of questions," he says, laying down.

"So? Answer my question," I demand growling lightly. He rolls his eyes again.

"I saw you and well," he mumbles quietly.

"And well?" I whisper, lowering my head and looking up through my fur.

"And well, I thought you were well, kinda," he trails off again.
"Cute."

My heart leaps and he looks at the ground, blush evident even through his midnight black fur.

"Shift." I command, sitting up. He looks at me and cocks his head.

"What?" He raises an eyebrow.

"You heard me. Shift," I say again sternly.

"I don't have any clothes," he says, raising both eyebrows.

"You think I care?" I say impatiently.

"Ok, princess," mumbles, shifting. I need his bones crack as he goes back to his human form. I keep my eyes hard on his face as he grows taller.
"Your turn."

I don't hesitate to shift. My bones crack and dislocate, and I'm left there in my human form, a couple of inches shorter than him. I gaze up into his bright blue eyes. He looks down at me and smiles.

◼◼◼

Author's Note:

Hold up. Who's Harley?

Let me know who you think he is and what's his role.

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

~Galaxy Potato ❤❤❤