𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. Fight To Death

Start from the beginning

At first, only the big, long jaws of I-rex appeared by the opening of the little shop and next, came those sickening bloodthirsty yellow eyes that bored right into theirs. None of them dared to breathe as if the slightest of movement would get them killed, although Owen knew very well how far advanced its senses were, with perfect vision and improved auditory and smelling senses and all. It was only when the eyes disappeared and so did the shadow, that they exhaled the breath they had been holding in.

The silence that followed was equally unnerving. Their senses were screaming in full awareness that something was going to happen, they knew there were not exempted, and verily they were not— the walls, all of a sudden, started crumpling down upon them with a deafening crash. Zach and Gray screamed as the I-rex smashed down the forefront of the store, sending a haze of dust everywhere. Still screaming, they scrambled to huddle with Owen as more blows came against the structure of the shop and it swayed and trembled. The attacks kept coming until a gaping hole was created, through which the sharp claws came swooping for them— in a rush, Owen, Zach and Gray scurried to the back through the wreckage, until their backs were pressed against the wall and they had no means of escape left.

The claws blindly moved about to grab a prey since the I-rex could not peek and stick its claws through the wreckage at the same time due to its enormous size. The claws swooped and slashed in the air, sometimes dangerously close, and once it picked at a protruding structure only for it to be crushed afterwards. When again the claws swooped, one of the claws suddenly stuck to the straps of the fanny bag on Gray's waist— Owen and Zach instantly seized a hold of Gray, whose hands also clutched at them, his nails and fingertips digging into their skin, and they all struggled against the relentless pull of the claws. Gray had turned so pallid, he did not even scream unlike the other times; only tears were streaming down his cheeks.

Certainly, they were no match against a humongous dinosaur. Gray was gradually slipping out of their grasp, when the strap of the fanny pack bound to his waist came to Zach's notice and immediately he reached for it. Just as he had unstrapped it, the claw slipped, still tugging at the loosened strap and yanked the fanny pack along with itself. 

* * * * *

They said, the park's T-rex could not see except the signature of heat and motions, but here was Claire, drawing it hot on her trail with nothing but a blazing flare in hand. If she wanted to survive and also get done what was necessary, she would have to do the almost impossible: outrun it. She gasped and panted for breath, but no matter what she kept running and running.

The more she ran, the more her legs wanted to buckle and give out, and her lungs felt like collapsing, but the deafening roar from behind kept her pushing through when at last the monumental sculpture of a dinosaur at the Main Street square came i...

The more she ran, the more her legs wanted to buckle and give out, and her lungs felt like collapsing, but the deafening roar from behind kept her pushing through when at last the monumental sculpture of a dinosaur at the Main Street square came into view. She quickly tried to spot the Indominus, and when she did, Claire hurled the flare at the monstrous hybrid with all the remnants of her strength before she scampered to a side. She had to get away from the path of T-rex; hopefully it would be enough to seize the attention away from her.