Chapter 12

Jazzy's POV

I was up bright and early. The pack gave me a file last night with all the deserted forests and woods in them. I will be on my way first thing after breakfast and after I pack a few things for the way. This pack has been so friendly and I hated having to leave so soon but I need to find my brother. I gathered my stuff from the room I was in and headed downstairs  to where we had dinner last night. Evelyn greeted me with a hug and a big smile, "how was your sleep?" she asked and I smiled back at her "it was great, thank you."

We chatted over breakfast and after a while the Alpha and his mate joined us. It was wonderful. They included me in all their conversations and even invited me and Blake to their wedding after everything is settled. I couldn't have felt more at home, but sadly time passed by so quick and it was time for me to be on my way.

As they walked me to their borders, we were quietly watching the scenery. When we reached the borders I stopped and turned to face them, "I can't thank you enough for your warm hospitality, so tha-" I began but couldn't continue when I heard chaos breaking. "Rogues!" a shout was heard but we were already surrounded by then. I quickly hid my face in my hood just incase anyone saw. The Alpha stood in front of his mate to shield her and Evelyn stood by his side with me behind them.

"I am going to give you a minute to explain yourselves, or so help me Goddess, I will rip you all apart," Alpha Jack growled and they shifted snickering. "You are in no position to threaten us, Jack, we put you in your spot alright last time," one of them who appeared to be their leader said. I smirked and whispered my plan to Evelyn and she mindlinked Jack and his mate and they all grinned and stepped back giving me the lead.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here? Come on show us your face, sweetheart, don't worry we don't bite too hard," he said and I laughed and dropped my hoodie and watched as all their smirks fell one by one when they saw me. "Don't worry, I don't bite too hard," I said and raised both my hands up. They began choking and trying to escape but nope not on my watch. I lifted all 6 of them in the air and started slamming them everywhere.

"Think you can come in here, act all high and mighty, and just leave like that? Well not today fellas," and just like that took their lives away as they dropped like dolls to the ground. I turned to face Evelyn and Jack but they were already staring at me with admiration written on their faces. Jack's mate, Susan, ran to me and hugged me tightly thanking me. I hugged her back smiling, "it was no big deal. If you guys need any help just give me a call, but I really must be off now," I tell them and they all thank me again as I bid them goodbye.

The woods were peaceful and alive. The animals were running or flying around, the trees and plants were dancing in the soft breeze it was just perfect. I was walking with a content smile on my face until I was forcibly stopped by an invisible force.

I grunted as I was slammed to the ground. I looked up in disbelief to find nothing there. I hesitantly approached forward again with my hands in front of me and touched a barrier. I grinned hopeful and quickly sat on the ground with my book in front of me.

I flipped open the pages until I found the spell I was looking for. I took a deep breath and started chanting the incantation with my hands in front of me towards the barrier. The spell repelled and hit me back but I fought it. I huffed and stood up channeling some power from the land.

I repeated the spell again, I wasn't going to stop. Not now. Not when I'm this close to my brother. I felt the ground shake beneath me as I closed my eyes and continued chanting. I didn't stop, not even when I heard an unfamiliar voice. Suddenly the flow of magic stopped abruptly and I dropped to the ground. Rapid footsteps were heard and a shadow was standing above me.

I looked up and got up slowly. An unfamiliar guy was standing in front of me and he was looking at me in disbelief. "Holy shi- Jasmine? Jasmine Thomas?!" he asked and I slowly nodded, "uhm, I'm sorry do I know you?" I asked him and his eyes shined with unshed tears and he wrapped his arms around me. "Oh my Goddess, you're actually here. You're alive, oh thank the Moon," he said and quickly let go of me. "I've got to take you to Ryan, oh he will pass out from happiness," he said and before I could comment on that, I was being pulled.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you who I am. I'm your brother's best friend, my name is Kyle. You don't know how long we've wanted to finally meet you," he said and my eyes welled up with tears. I found him.

We arrived at a cottage with an old lady sitting on a rocking chair in the porch and the door open behind her. "Oh, Kyle, took you long enough. Have you managed to find what was the cause of the barrier disturbance..." the old woman said trailing off as she looked up at Kyle and I. Whatever was in her hands dropped as she gasped and she stood up so fast that the chair tumbled to the ground. Rapid footsteps were heard as someone quickly ran to see what was happening.

"Nana! Are you okay? What happened I heard a noise, is everything oka-" a man's voice said and he finally appeared. My hand dropped from Kyle's and my feet moved on their own slowly. The tears in my eyes dropped one after the other as I looked at my brother and he gaped back at me. I choked back a sob and that seemed to wake us both up and with supernatural speed he was in front of me, engulfing me in the warmest hug ever. I sobbed and without his arms around me I would've been on the ground by now.

I felt his shoulders shake as I hugged him back with everything in me. "Hello big brother," I managed to say feeling his tears on my back and I smiled through my tears. He pulled back and held my face in his warm hands, "I've waited for you, my entire life. I love you so much more than you can ever imagine, baby sis, " he said and I wiped his tears and mine as I smiled up at him, "I love you so much more, Ry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not ashamed to say I definetly cried writing this chapter 😂. What about you?

WerePotterhead