Memory: Tyler

|--Memory: TYLER--|

‘’Sir?’’ whispered my secretary’s voice from the crack in the door to my office.

‘’Yes, Tiffany?’’ I answered, annoyed- nothing new there.

‘’Your plane tickets.’’ She said simply, quickly walking in, placing them on my desk and leaving.

I took the plane tickets and smiled. Finally, they were here.

I quickly finished my paperwork and left the office. I was early, but it didn’t matter. The tickets had arrived. I stopped by a florist and grabbed a bouquet of irises for my beautiful wife, Josie and a single rainbow coloured rose for Felicia my four year old daughter.

A thought sprung into my mind and I had to check the tickets for the information: one adult, one child. I sighed realizing that I’d have to stay back a few days until the third ticket came in. I would have to let my wife and daughter leave and fare on their own so far away. It wasn’t the safest solution, but staying here wasn’t safe either. The big heads were slowly coming onto me. I knew they had realized that a huge chunk of their cash had disappeared. I also knew that they knew it was someone close to them. It was just a matter of days before they discovered it was me.

I unlocked the front door and let myself in. I spoke up to let my wife know of my arrival but I was met with silence in return. I kicked off my shoes and walking into the house, checking every room as I went by them. Every room was empty. I climbed the stairs to the second floor and could hear music coming from our bedroom. I smiled to myself thinking of my wife, alone, in the bedroom, with music loud enough to be heard. A dirty thought crossed my mind and I stopped by Felicia’s room quickly to put the rose on her bed.

I sneaked back into the hallway in silence and waited at the bedroom door for a moment. I wasn’t crazy, my wife was enjoying herself. I grinned wildly and opened the door wide, immediately placing the bouquet of irises in my view.

‘’Guess what finally came, Josie! Tickets to freedom for you and Felicia!’’ I declared and lowered the bouquet to smile at her.

Except, I didn’t smile and I didn’t look at her. I stared directly into the eyes of a naked stranger who was having sex with MY wife. He had the guts to smirk and kept pounding her even as she tried to twist out from under him. I dropped the bouquet, rushed forward and grabbed the man’s hair, pulling him off of her. I pinned him to the wall and started throwing punches into his stomach and in his face. All the while I could hear myself calling him every possible name and screaming every insult. Josie was still naked on the bed, crying and screaming for me to stop. When I finally did stop, the man stumbled away, grabbed his clothes and left while putting his pants on and fighting the dizziness.

‘’Seriously, Josie? THIS is how you thank me for the life I’ve been giving you?’’ I turned to my wife, all anger gone- I was just numb by now.

‘’Tyler, this is ridiculous! You have to wake up and face reality!’’ She pulled on her robe and came to stand in front of me. ‘’We’ve been divorced for six months!’’

‘’No, that’s not true. We over came our difficulties, Josie.’’ I whispered, frowning.

Why was she denying me?

‘’This is your last warning; get out of my life!’’ she screamed and pushed me out the bedroom and into the hallway.

Before she could close the door her eyes turned in the direction of Felicia’s room. She walked past me and entered her room.

Train GameOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara