Memory: Veronica

|--Memory: VERONICA--|

‘’Hit it! Come on! Swing like you mean it!’’ the trainer screamed into my ear.

I pumped fist after fist into the bag. Occasionally, I’d be ordered to throw in a kick of a special sort. In five minutes I’d be sent into push-ups then I’d be sent into the ring against an opponent who had been resting during the time I was being drilled to the core.

My father had obliged me to train ever since I was old enough to walk. At first it was just to have a father/daughter event which both enjoyed and gained from. Then it became a slight competition. Now it was a war.

I paid for my training from offering my ‘services’ in the community house I lived in. I didn’t really care where the money came from, I just needed it to get to the final challenge. Killing the ‘Master’ or we could say my dad.

‘’Amy?’’ asked a shy yet authoritative male voice from the door to my bedroom.

‘’Yes, come in.’’ I answered.

A tall, muscular man walked in to stand at the foot of my bed. I walked over to him and started my job.

I slid my hand gently on his bald head and pulled him closer. I reached up and bit his neck, noticing the Authority’s tattoo.

‘’Get out of here!’’ I whisper-yelled at the man.

‘’Oh please, I just want what you have to offer.’’ he winked at me and grabbed my hips.

‘’You’re a dick who makes proper girls like myself do undecent things like this to live!!’’ I hissed into his face.

‘’You think we do that? Please, we’re scrambling just as much as you are to live.’’ He suddenly pushed me against a wall.

I realized that instead of running away like I should have, his touch on my hips had paralysed me. This was my job, I didn’t lust after a man, they lusted after me.

‘’Do your job, whore.’’ He whispered into my ear, his lips brushing my ear.

I bit down on my lip and held back my anger. I was not a whore but I had to pay my training bill tomorrow and I hadn’t eaten all day. I needed the money.

‘’Touch is 50$, oral is 175$, full deal with condom is 750$ and full deal without condom is 2000$.’’ I whispered into his ear and grabbed his crotch, stroking him through the material of his pants. ‘’And this is a bonus.’’

‘’My name is Kane. I don’t want to hear any other names being called. If you can’t do that, shut up.’’ he grinned down at me before pulling my face closer to his and kissing my lips full on.

Kane stood up and picked up his clothing lying around and I did the same.

‘’You’ve really lost your memory, didn’t you Veronica?’’ Kane surprised me by asking and using my real name.

‘’Sorry, my name is Amy and no I haven’t lost my memory.’’ I kept my back to him as I answered and put on my clothes.

‘’No, your name is Veronica. Your father is Angelo.’’ he whispered close to my ear.

I spun around with a small gun (that I kept hidden in my purse in case) in my hands, pined against his chest. ‘’Who. Are. You?’’ I growled, glaring at him.