Chapter Twenty-One : Uncontained Passion And Uncontrollable Rage

Start from the beginning

"Aditya, calm down." Nisha embraced Aditya who was now shaking with worry. "B-but m-mo-" His words became incoherent as he buried his head deeper in her neck. She rubbed his back furiously as her fingers dug into his head in an effort to comfort him. Just when they thought that life couldn't get better, things had to become worse.

-----

Aditya stood still, watching his relatives weep for the loss that they were suffering. In the morning, Anjali got a call stating that Gautam and his wife, Amira had passed away as they met with a brutal car accident while they were returning from a friend's marriage. The news had effected Anjali so much that the moment she came to know, her blood pressure increased and she collapsed.

Right now, she was seated near Gautam's dead body, along with Ambika as their relatives gave their condolences to her but nobody dared to come near Aditya as they knew how much he despised Gautam and how he reacted when they spoke about him. But right now, Aditya highly doubted if her still hated his father; yes, he was angry at him for sure but as their childhood memories together flashed in his mind, he couldn't help but feel devastated from inside.

Nisha watched as Aditya - who was standing beside her - took deep breaths to hold himself from breaking down. She quickly intertwined their fingers as she rubbed circles on the back of his hand with her other hand. Aditya glanced at her, before looking into the space, again.
She sighed as she very well knew what Aditya was going through as she lost her parents too, at a young age.

"Aditya, you want to go to the washroom, or something?" Nisha whispered to him to which he shook his head, negatively, now watching Anand receive other members. "Aditya, please, don't be like this. If you want to cry, I'm here." Nisha said, looking at him, concerned but neither did he move nor look at her; he just stood their rigid, without any movement. Nisha sighed as she watched Amrapali, Shaan and Ritika enter.

They looked at Nisha for a second, before the girls went to console Anjali as Shaan stood near the males. Just then, the men near the entrance moved, making way for someone as Nisha glanced in the direction, curiously. Aditya too, averted his gaze and what he saw, shocked him to the core.

Trivikram Nanda walked in with a blank face as Abhinay Nanda followed him, supporting Karthikeya Nanda, who was currently walking numbly with a blank look. It looked like if Abhinay wasn't holding Karthikeya by his forearms, he would've collapsed on the ground.

Nisha and Aditya exchanged glances, shock and surprise clearly evident on their faces and even Anjali, Anand, Ambika and Amrapali mirrored their expressions. But this time, Amrapali was shocked for a totally different reason; just when she was getting over her first rejection, Abhinay had to appear infront of her.

All the men bowed respectfully as Trivikram slowly picked up a few rose petals and threw them over the deceased bodies, gently. He folded his hands and made a silent prayer for them before walking away. Abhinay repeated the same process, followed by Karthikeya. After that, Trivikram and Abhinay watched silently as Karthikeya sat down beside his mother, holding her hand with his hands.

Karthikeya sighed as he tried his level best to keep his tears at bay. Till today, even though he and his mother didn't share some bond, he knew that she was still there. But today, at that moment, she too went away, leaving him alone in this cruel world. Moreover, the fact that his sister Samira - who loved her mother more than her life - couldn't even see Amira for the last time definitely managed to break him as a small tear leaked out of his left eye but he was quickly enough to wipe it off.