Chapter Nine : Deep Voices And Souvenirs Of Past

"Anjali, stop it

"Anjali, stop it. Stop acting like a stuck up woman, understand?" Aditya heard his father's annoyed voice and his mother's silent sobs. He sighed and shook his head defeated-ly as he realised that they both were fighting, yet again. He was used to these fights and he wasn't upset that his parents weren't a perfect couple but he was upset that his parents who were once a perfect couple had now turned into something he didn't want to point at.

"Gautam, please. What happened to our love? Please, don't do this." Anjali pleaded but Gautam stood there, unaffected by her teary eyes and disoriented figure. "Our love faded away, Anjali. Don't fool yourself thinking that you love me and so you're still keeping up with me because all of it which you're enduring is just for Aditya, I know." Gautam said as Aditya walked downstairs and stood near the last step.

Anjali shook her head, negatively and opened her mouth to speak but words didn't come out. They couldn't. "Anjali, I love another woman and I don't think I can keep up with this unwanted relation, anymore." Gautam said, shaking his head in disapproval as Anjali's eyes burned due to the tears she was shedding.

Anger bubbled up inside her when Gautam called their marriage an unwanted bond; she felt disgusted that she loved this man. She was now confirmed that neither her or Aditya needed a man like him in their lives. So she did what was best for the three of them; she let him walk away. "Alright. Send me the divorce papers as soon as you can." Anjali said in a monotone looking at nowhere in particular as the saline drops stopped rolling down her cheeks.

Gautam sighed as he glanced at Aditya and walked out as tears dropped down from Aditya's eyes; he looked at his father's back, longingly and even though he wanted to run behind him, to stop him but he didn't. He was angry; agitated that his Dad had chosen some outside woman over his own wife and him.

Anjali knew that she did this for everyone's wellbeing but Aditya was a mere teenager with adrenaline rush; he was immature to understand the meaning of true love, understanding the meaning of letting go was just beyond him. The little bubble of anger had to be blasted but it was too late; a plant of hatred was already blossoming and Anjali was too into her misery that she choose to ignore Aditya's hatred.

Aditya started stirring in his sleep as restlessness settled in; he knew it was a dream err . . . a nightmare yet he couldn't help but relive all of it. His anxieties were increasing but just then he felt a soft pair of lips on his forehead; this one act had managed to make his heartbeats race for a totally different reason. He felt a warm palm on his hand.