Chapter Five : Embarrassments And Confrontations

It was a Tuesday night and not many people were present in the bar as it was a working day tomorrow

It was a Tuesday night and not many people were present in the bar as it was a working day tomorrow. Another day had passed and Nisha couldn't be more than thankful to her stars as Aditya had to attend a wedding along with his mother as a result of which he couldn't come to office which made working easy for Nisha.

"So you mean to say that you proposed to a guy while you had a pair of Barbie sunglasses on?" Shaan spoke loudly, loud enough for people around her to hear as he started laughing like a maniac. She apologetically looked at those poeple who gave her angry look and tried to shut Shaan up. "Moreover, that same guy is your boss, under whom you'll work?" He said as he broke into fits of laughter, again.

Nisha never regretted anything more than telling her story to Shaan who was now rolling on the floor, laughing the crap out of him. She ignored Shaan and continued having her drinks as after a few minutes, he got up and sat beside her still chuckling lightly with tears in his eyes. What's so hilarious? She thought. "Nisha, how about you wear a similar model of Omnitrix of Ben 10 and go to office from tomorrow?" Shaan said and started laughing on his own joke as Nisha punched him on his nose, making him wince in pain.

"You deserve that, stinky little swine." Nisha said as she moved her fingers over the rim of her glass. "Alright, jokes apart, what do you plan on doing now?" Shaan asked still rubbing a hand over his nose. "I don't know." She said to which he placed a hand over her shoulder. "You know what? I'm just going to move on, now." She said shrugging his hand, emptying her glass. Day-by-day, her addiction to alcohol was increasing and Shaan was hell worried for her. 

"Nisha, you know he's engaged. But are you sure that he likes Adhya? I mean, you just said he was shouting on her, right? So there might be chances that he dislikes her and was forced into this?" Shaan said. "I don't know, Shaan." Nisha whispered slowly. "Girl, find out if he loves her or not. You still have a chance, don't loose hope." Shaan patted her back with one hand and showed her a Korean heart to which she smiled lightly.

-----

It has been a week since Nisha had started working; she got familiar with all her colleagues and the surroundings, too. Camaraderie was really a good place with a good environment. The only thing that bothered her was Aditya. She didn't know how to cope up with all her emotions; she had had a few crushes before but she had never felt something so deep for any guy and that's what made everything really tiring and stressful for her. Moreover, she was confused as to why she liked this guy so deeply; it was something beyond her understanding.

"In my cabin, Miss. Varma." She was bought back to reality as she heard his deep voice, who was standing infront of her desk now. She quickly stood up and bowed respectfully to which he walked into his cabin as she followed him like a lost puppy with a notepad in her hands. He had been observing her for the whole week now and looking at her lost in her deep thoughts infuriated him. She was proving her inefficiency herself and he didn't wanted any incapable person in Camaraderie. It's time for confrontation. He thought.

"Sir, how can I help you?" Nisha questioned, carefully choosing her words so as to not infuriate him. "Miss. Varma, I know you like me so cut the professional act when all you can feel is that tingling in your stomach." Aditya said arrogantly which definitely didn't go well with a girl like Nisha for whom self-respect was more precious than anything.
"No Sir, you're mistaken. I don't like you." Nisha said softly but the glare of her obsidian eyes suggested otherwise. If her boss was going to be an arrogant jerk, it definitely didn't mean she was going to be the same, too.

"Miss. Varma, don't lie to me. Don't make false statements. I know you love me. You're the one who proposed to me in the park, ain't it? Try to deny it and you'll see my bad side." Aditya warned her in a cold tone which made her shiver internally but she had seen more worse. "Sir, I don't like you. I didn't propose to you, understand? To be honest, you haven't been showing me some saint-like side of yours that now you'll show me your bad side or whatsoever." Nisha said in a calm tone but her demeanor shouted that she didn't give a damn about his intimidating nature.

"Miss. Varma, just accept it that you like me because I'm pretty sure it's you who proposed to me. I've even caught you looking at me intensely, so cut the act and just admit it." Aditya said arrogantly and picked up his pencil, making some notes. "Mr. Reddy listen to me carefully and register this in that peanut sized brain of yours; I can't like you. Understand?" Nisha said pointing her index finger at him. "Why can't you?" He questioned her in a challenging way, smirking.

"Because I'm a homosexual woman." Nisha shouted, out of frustration but regretted it as soon as what she had said registered in her mind. Damn. She thought. "What?" He questioned getting up from his seat. "It's true that I'm attracted to people of my own gender. I didn't wanted anyone to know about this but you were falsely accusing me of something I didn't do, so I had to reveal it to you, Sir." Nisha said, looking down and took a deep breath. Though her story was kind of convincing, he had a gut feeling that she was lying and so to confirm that, he played his wild card.

"Then why do you keep staring at me intensely like if you'd get a chance, you'd pounce on me and do wild things?" He questioned, pushing his hands into his side pockets. "Uh, tha-I-" Nisha started stuttering by now. What he said was absolutely true as she couldn't stop herself from gawking at him. He was too hot for his own good.

"What happened, Miss Varma, cat caught you tongue?" He questioned, smirking. "No, Sir. It's just that I don't know how to explain all of this to you." She said looking down, taking her own time to cook up a story in her head. "Just say that you're left with no more lies, girl." He said, rolling his eyes as he was astonished as he wondered to which extent this girl could go.

"Okay, I'll just admit it, I was jealous of you." She said, after taking a deep breath. "What?" He was stunned, again. "Alright, I really like Adhya and she's already engaged to you which makes me damn jealous of you. So I keep staring at you intensely, thinking what does she like in you." She lied nervously, praying that she shouldn't get caught red-handed. She had turned the tables completely; it was Aditya whom she liked and Adhya whom she was jealous of. She couldn't help but curse her fate.

"Are you serious?" He questioned, shocked beyond explanation to which she nodded with a sheepish smile. He gave her weird look, thinking how can anyone she like Adhya. "Sir, anyways, all of this is my private thing. You can't take away my privacy, man! As long as I'm perfect with my work, you don't get the right to question me about my sexuality or any of my personal information as of that matter." Nisha said, trying to act confident so as to divert the topic, preventing herself from getting caught.

"True that. Anyways," He coughed awkwardly. "I won't disclose about our conversation to anyone. You don't, uh, have to worry about it." He said to which she nodded, smiling. "That's a relief. Thank-you, Sir." Nisha said as she tried hard to not laugh.

He bought my lie so easily, how did he even become a businessman? She thought as she smirked, inwardly.