Chapter Twenty-Three : Gruesome Murder And Uninhabited Hell

Three days passed away in a flick of seconds and now it was time for the second trail or maybe the final one. Anirudh had worked really hard to find all the plot holes in the evidences provided and he was confident that he was going to nail it while Kavya was even more self-assured as she was going to play her Trump card today - Indra.

Yet, she couldn't ignore the pang of hurt she felt whenever she thought about the words she uttered as her heart filled with regret but then again, she couldn't help but feel jittery as their chaste kiss replayed in her mind.

They all waited for the judge to arrive and Karthikeya sank deep in his thoughts. After the previous trail, he was skeptical about the whole scene. Was he doing it right? He questioned himself but he was unaware of the answer.

He had this gut feeling as something worse was going to come up and no matter how strong he potrayed himself to be, somewhere inside he knew he was weak; he wasn't ready for the near future and the anxieties kept multiplying.

While all of them were worried as to what was going to be the verdict of the judge, Aditya was lost in his own world. From the last three days, Nisha had been acting all distant and strange. She wouldn't converse properly and would always find ways to slip away from him.

He knew it that her tensed up mein had something to with their intimacy and as if to confirm his suspicions, she'd always run away from him whenever he tried getting closer. All of this annoyed him real bad and he decided that he'd be confronting her after this trail.

As the judge entered, all of the stood and bowed respectfully. After that, when she started settling down, Abhinay quickly dialled his junior to know about Indra's whereabouts; Indra was to be escorted from the police station to the court trail but he wasn't here, yet. He quickly slid his mobile into his jeans pocket and concentrated on what was going on.

"Let's start." The judge announced to which Kavya nodded, rising up. "Thank you, your Honour. In the previous trail, defence attorney has claimed that his client is being framed. Even if we accept that for a moment, a person's confession cannot be faked or taken as a weak testimony." Kavya spoke. "What exactly are you implying at?" The judge questioned.

"Now, I would like to cal-" Her words vanished into thin air as she was cut off by the barging in of a constable who was panting like a dog. "What happenend?" Abhinay questioned as all of them stood up from their seats. "S-sir, I just got information that Indra is no more. He committed suicide." The constable uttered as all of them stilled in their positions.

"How can that be possible?" Kavya whispered to herself. "Mr. Abhinay, I want you to check out the crime scene thoroughly and make a report on it. Also, bring me the post mortem report of him by the next week. I want the defence as well as plaintiff's attorneys to examine and assist ACP. The court is adjourned." The judge uttered as all the three of them who've been addressed nodded affirmatively.

-----

Abhinay along with Anirudh and Kavya were now inspecting the place where they found Indra's body to be. Karthikeya, Aditya and Nisha decided to tag along. Abhinay interrogated his junior who was responsible for bringing Indra to the trail session and came to know that as they were on their way, the jeep's front tyres got punctured and had to postpone their travel.

They all got down from the car and waited as a constable was changing the tyre. Indra stood timidly near the vehicle and as the constable with him went out to the bushes to answer nature's call, Indra was lying dead with a cut on his throat.

"Did he possess any sort of blade, knife or cutter?"Anirudh questioned to which Abhinay's junior shook his head, negatively. "How could it be possible, then?" Karthikeya mumbled and that's when Kavya spotted a black electronic near the bushes.