Chapter 4

When Faith awoke, she was standing upright, her hands and feet bound and she found that she was unable to do anything. She couldn't aparate, she couldn't move things, and she couldn't kill demons. Her body was leaning against a star shaped structure.

She was struggling to free herself when she heard something, "You know you really shouldn't try hard to free yourself from the ropes. You'll need all the energy you've got." Alastair walked into the room. The room contained piping all along the ceiling and had a concrete floor. She looked down to find that she was in some sort of pentagram.

"What is this? A demon worshipping circle? Sorry I'm not interested."

He shook his head, "If I were you, I would change your attitude with me. And by the way, that's Enochian warding. It can keep angels in or out, like holy fire or oil. I take it you know who I am."

She nodded, "You're Alastair. One of Lilith's first, brother to Azazel, and the true Torturer of Hell." He flinched at the name of his brother. This is Azazel's brother. Do not tell him where Sam and Dean are, no matter what, she thought to herself.

"So this is the deal on the table; you tell me where your family is and I'll let you go, otherwise it'll be a slow, painful torture for you angel. There are no negotiations, you either take the deal or you watch your skin sizzle off your bones." She knew it; he wanted to know where they were so he could kill them.

"I'll take the deal...when I'm dead."

He shook his head and turned toward the table next to him which contained knifes, machetes, acid, syringes, and whips, "That can be arranged. There are worse things than death. They don't call me Torturer of Hell for fun." He picked up a syringe and dipped it in the acid. He pulled back the tab and the syringe became filled with the substance. Faith gulped, I'm going to die. Alastair walked forward toward her and placed the tip of the needle at her throat. "Shall we begin?"

******************************************************************************

It was 9:30 and everything at the house was quiet. John was keeping watch for demons while Dean watched for Faith or Castiel. It had been a nerve-raking day for all of them. They had expected Faith to be there already, but she wasn't. They hadn't heard anything from Castiel or any angel in fact. Everyone was restless and they couldn't help it. Bobby and Sam were researching angels when they heard a ruffle in the kitchen. John and Dean had turned their heads to see what the ruckus was. The four of them got up to find Castiel wandering the kitchen.

"Cass, what are you doing here? I thought you went to go get Faith," Sam asked.

"I need your help. The place where she is, it has Enochian warding on it. I can't get in. I need one of you to come with me and break the wardings so I can get Faith and get the two of you out of there."

John was the first to speak up, "What the hell is Enochian?"

"It's the angel's language. In writing it is presented as symbols and sigils."

Bobby was shaking his head, "It's almost midnight. We're piercing the veil. Lilith will be here in three hours, we need to get ready."

"I'll go." The answer surprised everyone. It was Dean who hadn't said a word this entire time, "I'll go. Let me bring her back since I'm the one who let her go in the first place." The other three understood. Dean loved his sister more than anything else. She meant the world to him. Cass nodded his head as Dean moved toward him. Castiel put his arm on Dean's shoulder and they were gone.

******************************************************************************

The pain Faith felt was excruciating. The acid Alastair put into her veins had made her skin melt and her blood vessels pop. Her eyes were bloodshot and blood was pouring out of her nose and mouth. He had taken a few of the daggers off the table and played "hit-the-target" with her. He had gotten her in the left side, right arm, and right ankle. She no doubt had a few broken bones and was losing a lot of blood. For the first time in her life, she could feel her grace starting to produce itself. Alastair had gone back to the table and gotten a blade which had been dipped in acid and was walking toward her.

He was twirling the knife in his hand as he spoke, "This would be a prime opportunity to tell me where they are, Faith. I'm sure you don't want to have any more broken bones than you have now."

Faith snarled, "You can go straight back to hell you ugly bitch. I wouldn't tell you where my family was if I was being ripped apart from the inside out."

He shook his head, "So be it." He threw the knife andit hit her in the abdomen. She screamed. The acid had begun to melt the skinthat it touched and blood was dripping off the blade. She could feel bloodcoming up her throat and into her mouth. She wished she was dead. The lastthing she remembered before the darkness was Alastair's laugh, echoing in theroom.

******************************************************************************

The building Dean was looking at when he opened his eyes looked like it had been out of business for a while. It had graffiti all over it and the windows were smashed in. Castiel had been glancing at the building with a keen eye. Dean didn't understand; there weren't any symbols or sigils anywhere.

"Where's the Enochian?"

"It's invisible to humans. Only angels can see them. They are on the side of the wall that we are facing. I just need you to go in there and scratch each one. There are three. One on each side and one in the middle. Take this," Castiel handed him the blade Dean had seen him with the night they killed Azazel.

"What is that," Dean asked.

"It's an angel blade. It can kill other angels. Please don't lose it, I only have one." Dean nodded and walked toward the building. It only had one way to get in; through a rusty pair of double doors. He carefully opened one of the doors and walked in. There was a room in the middle of the space and piles of unused chairs. He looked for a ladder so he could scratch the wardings. He found one behind a stack of chairs that must've been six feet tall. He climbed the ladder and stepped onto a platform along the side of the wall. He walked over to the right side and began to scratch the wall with the blade. He did the same with the middle and left side. When he got down off the ladder Castiel had walked through the door.

"Thank you Dean. Now give me my blade and get behind me." Dean did as he was told. Castiel walked toward the room in the center. There was a wall bashed in on the side of the room. When they reached it, they saw a dark liquid on the bottom. Castiel walked through to find blood splattered everywhere in the White Room.

Castiel immediately said, "Demon blood. Your sister has been gone a while. A demon took her." They walked inside the room and found the burgers and beer that Faith had eaten. Castiel took his finger and dipped it in the blood and began focus on something.

"What are you doing," Dean asked.

Castiel's eye became wide with fear, "It wasn't some demon that came and took your sister. It was Alastair, the Torturer of Hell. His brother is Azazel and he's one of Lilith's first born. I know where he is too."

Dean was getting anxious, "Where is he? When I find him I will wring his neck like a ..." Dean never got to finish because he was standing in the middle of the panic room in Sioux Falls. He was at Bobby's and Castiel had left him.

******************************************************************************

He had no choice; he couldn't bring Dean with him.It's too much of a risk. Castiel didn't want to explain to Sam why Dean wasn'twith him.

Besides, he had been wanted to talk to Faith ever since he saw her onthe stone bed with Azazel. Something about her attracted him. She was a fighter, a warrior, not a follower. But what if she didn't feel the same way? He couldn't live through that. But this he had to do himself. He had to rescue Faith. He knew where she was too.

Jericho, California. There is a house there with a basement that Alastair kept his torture tools and cells. Castiel had aparated there. He was standing in-front of the house when he noticed something that might delay him.

Enochian wardings. They were everywhere; walls, windows, porch. He had no way of breaking them either. Then an idea hit him. If he could break the wardings by earthquake then he could get in. But that would give away his surprise attack.

It didn't matter though; he was going to rescue her. And he did it. He smashed the road with his fist and the house became split right where the wardings were. Perfect, he thought