Chapter 17 (there is only so much)

"Is everything okay, why did Miles call me and not you?" Oscar says running towards us.

I can't speak as I am frozen to the spot looking through him. I don't know what to do or to say, I just know that I am there. I look at him, but I can't see him. I just see his figure, looking through him into the abyss of my thoughts.

I can't speak, I've lost my voice. How do I tell my biggest secret again, how can I go through the pain out loud again. How am I doing this to myself.

"Umm, her mom was yelling at her and then her stepdad came out and she backed up to make more room for him. She fell back and hit her head. We got in the car to go get dinner and she told me to call you so that you could meet us here." Miles says to Oscar being vague about everything.

That's when I get out of my thoughts and come back to reality. Able to speak but I can't find the words. How do you tell Oscar that Miles saw how my mom was to me? How do I tell him that I got so scared that I coward away like a big baby?

"Uh, Oscar he saw my mom get really mad and now he knows something is going on, and I don't know if I could do it alone. Hell I don't know if I can even do it with you here. How am I going to do this again. It was getting better, but now it is going down hill again. And I can't have that. Not again, Please not again." I say as I start to cry uncontrollable about to fall to the ground.

I lean over so I don't fall to the ground. I thought I leaned against the wall but actually, I ended up leaning against Oscar. While I am holding my face he pulls me into his chest as I continue to cry my heart out. Wrapping his arms around my waist he begins to rub my back.

Trying to calm down I inhale. His scent somehow helps me feel calm but I don't know how. Finally calmed down I wrap my arms around his waist a whisper one simple sentence.

"Do It."

"So I found out because I happened to hear one night. So now I help the best I can without anyone knowing. She doesn't want anyone to know." Oscar says from beside me while I stare down at my cup.

"What the hell, why don't you just go to the cops B." Miles says to me looking mad.

"Jason is friends with the department and the governor. He's well known in this town, this wouldn't even be considered a scandal because know one would listen to me. Think about it, 'The girl that's quiet and no one talks to' or 'The guy that everyone knows and loves'. I would never win that battle, I can do nothing except be silent." I say as a tear goes down my cheek falling into my cup.

"You could have told me Bethany. I will always be here for you." Miles says to me.

" I trust you, but that's what scares me. I have really only known you a month and now you know my secret. I have known Oscar my whole life and he just found out a month ago. How do you tell someone how worthless you are, and how you get beat up almost everyday and raped almost all week long? How do you tell someone something that could tear them away from you? I couldn't lose you as a friend. My best friend Ash doesn't even know this and we have been friends for years. I learned to stay silent and deal with it on my own ever since I was six. I don't want to bother others with my problems, especially if they can't do anything about it." I say staring off into the distance not being able to look at the guy in front of me because of how ashamed I feel.

"Bethany, look at me." says Miles. I look at him and he continues. "I understand why you were scared now. I would be too, but you can not go through this alone anymore. This thing is tearing you apart and I will be here for you every step of the way. As long as I am staying in this house nothing will happen. Even if I have to get involved I won't let this happen to you, I refuse to let you go through this without trying to stop it." Miles finishes what he was saying looking at me with the most sincere look.

He really does care for me and I'm not used to that. It's strange to have two guys willing to protect you at what seems all costs. The last person I told said that I deserved this, and I sadly believed them. With Miles and Oscar I don't always feel like that, they make me feel protected sometimes. I know I still feel like I deserve these things, but with them around and knowing now it is getting a little bit better day by day.

"Miles we need to get back. Jason said to be back within the hour and it's already been 45 minutes. I really don't want to get into trouble so please can we just go." I ask.

I feel a hand touch my knee and it makes me jump. I'm not used to it being a kind gesture so when Oscar touched my knee reassuringly it scared me. Quickly i relaxed into his touch and I was able to calm down though.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Oscar thank you for coming and telling me about this. You and I should probably get together sometime and figure this situation out okay." Miles says getting upo.

"For sure man, see you at school"

"Woah woah woah woah woah, there is no you two figuring this out. You stay out of this. You said you would be there for me and that is it. I can't afford for you two to get hurt because of me. I won't allow that." I say looking at the boys with a complete straight face so that they can understand how serious I am.

"We can discuss this tomorrow. For now we need to get you home so that you can get some sleep. You hit your head pretty hard and you look exhausted." Miles says to me holding out his hand so that I know to come on.

Rolling my eyes I give Oscar a hug and say goodbye to him before I walk out of the restaurant. Miles hands the food to me as soon as I get in the car so that he can start driving home. Now all I can think is that this will be interesting.

Who knew I would be living with one of my best friends.

-----------------------------------------------------

hope you enjoyed the chapter. Things might slow down at home, but I plan for it to get a little more upbeat in other parts. hope everyone has had a good few weeks. School is coming to an end so I am SUPER busy with that.

I'll try to update as soon as possible. until then.

Gn lovelies!!!!!!