Chapter ten

"Hey babe it's time for us to leave!"yells gage from across the yard. I look at my watch and sure enough it's 4:30. I start to jog over towards him.

"Okay how about I meet you in the car after I say by to my dad and sister?"

"Sure, which car are we taking?" Gage raises his eyebrows in question.
"Hmmm lets take my truck I love driving in there."

"Okay see you in a few minutes" gage pecks me on my cheek and leaves heading towards the front yard.

I walk up the hill to the back porch that leads into the kitchen. Jer and autumn are still in the kitchen together. I think they're making chocolate chip cookies.
"Hey have either of you seen my dad or sister?"
"Nah I think they might be upstairs though"
"Okay thanks! Tell tom he needs to text me so we can make plans."
"What am I chopped liver?"
"We just hung out last week what more do you want from me."I sigh in exasperation. " hey jer text me later so we can make plans," i look at him with a raised eyebrow "we good now?"
"Yeah man see ya later alligator" I make my way up the stairs and check the game room for Ariel but when she isn't there I know she'll be in my room or her room. I head to her room first and she's no in there so she hen I head to my room and she's sleeping soundly on my head covered in chalk dust. I roll my eyes knowing that she'll need a bath later. I pull my blankets out from under her small frame and then cover her with them.
"See you soon baboon."
I kiss her forehead and leave in search of my dad. I head to the office first but he isn't there. I find him watching a movie in the den.
"hey cupcake what's up"
"Gage and I are going on our date I just thought I'd say bye first."
"Oh okay well have fun love you"
"Love you too!"
I walk out the front door and head out to the garage area. I find gage pulled up right outside of the garage. I walk around and jump into the passenger seat.
"Hey!" I buckle up and turn the radio down so it's just loud enough to have a conversation but still listen to music.
"Hi" he says with the biggest smile.
"So where are we going" I ask my full focus on him.
"You'll see"
"If I guess it will you tell me."
"No way just enjoy the ride"
"Ugh fine"
"Oh come on you'll be more excited to find out this way"
"I guess, are you excited for school?"
"Yeah I'm excited for the football season at least I heard honors calculus is hard tho so then there's that."
"How about you"
"I'm pumped about football and art class but if I'm being honest I'm not excited for having to pick a college soon or a major."
"That's still a ways away," gage reassuringly squeezes my knee.
"Besides you still have a whole season for the scouts to be sending in offers, you'll be fine you're one of the best in the state." He smiles at me from the driver's seat.
"Oh this is my song!!!"
"Turn it up, buttercup"
I crank it up a few notches tequila is such a good song and gets me every time. It's just so sweet.
I can drink whisky and red wine, champagne all night/ little scotch on the rocks and I'm fine, I'm fine/ but when I taste tequila baby I still see ya
"It's so cute and sweet, I swear." I say as I wipe away a fake tear.
"Whatever you say, manta ray."
"Where'd you come up with that one?" I say with a laugh.
"I think I saw it on Instagram"
"I was about to say that worked out way to well for you to have come up with it"
"Hey now, that was rude, very rude"
"Hey listen you walked yourself right into that one"
"Whatever"
It's quite and I'm not enjoying it. I poke his leg. And I poke it again,and again, and again. When that doesn't work I poke his cheek.

"Okay okay stop you're distracting me"
"Okay Okay stop you're distracting me" I repeat mocking him.

In another thirty minutes we arrive at a beautiful park. We walk for a good ten minutes before gage stops before a beautifully lit gazebo. There's a table with two chairs in the middle and a picnic basket on the table.

"What's all this" I say a huge grin on my face.
"Hopefully a great date." Gage states with a shrug.
"Oh it's perfect" I say giving him a big hug.
"I slowly walk into the middle of the gazebo and turn around in a circle looking at absolutely everything.
"It's so beautiful. How'd you get all of this done? You were with me almost the whole day."
"Brent helped to set it up as angel worked out where the lights and flowers for it to go so that the light would hit it just right"
"Wow"
"Yeah wow" I look over at gage and he's staring at me.
I walk over to him and pinch his cheeks. "Oh ok at how cute you are. You're so sweet" I kiss his check and go to take me seat. I open up at basket and dig in with gage smiling across from me.
———-
A/n I'm so happy to be back in the grove of things! I'm so lucky to have so many dedicated readers and I could not be more thankful.
This chapter is dedicated to kawennnnnnn for commenting so much on the first book. Anyway let me know how you like this book and I should have up a cast list by the end of the day so there's something!
Have a great day💙