Ch.1- Let's Do This!

Arielle's POV:

"This is the hardest decision of my life by far.. I never thought I'd have to choose between 2 people that make me the most happy. I can't do this to them. ive permanently altered their friendship to the point where its not the same anymore. I have to make the decision, but which one is it?" Ari wrote in her diary. Tears slid off her cheeks an onto the paper. it seemed like the hardest decision in her life, but  the bad part is, it isnt close to being over.

*2 years earlier*

 "C'mon Liam, I've know you since we were in pre-K, and you're scared to tell me? you know you can tell me anything. now shoot." i said, staring expectantly at Liam sitting across the picnik bench outside. It was a beautiful day in London. Me and Liam were hanging out on our favorite bench, right next to the water.  

 Me and Liam have known eachother since i dont even know how long. Ever since we met, we've been inseperable. Best friends. "You and me against the world" as he liked to say. 

 "I don't know Ari, it's just.. I want to try out for xfactor. again." Liam mumbled, very interested in his fingernails.

 "Li.. are you sure you're ready again? I don't want you to get hurt." I said worried.

"Simon said to come back. And now i know for sure I'm ready. If he says no again, then i know it wasn't ment to be. I have to give it another shot." Liam said sternfully.

I wanted Liam to have another chance, but I didn't want to see his heart break again. He took the first rejection from xfactor so hard.

"Alright Li, if you think you're ready, I trust you. You're amazing talent can't go to waste anyway! But  why were you so scared to tell me?" 

  "I thought you'd think I was a dork.." Liam said shyly. 

I giggeled. "I've known you my whole life Liam! You are a dork. Now c'mon sing for me, let's see how good you are!" I said with an encouraging smile.

"Uh.. Um.. Okay." Liam hesitated. He was nervous.

 Hes has never been afraid to do or say anything in front of me. This must be important to him. 

 Liam fiddled his thumbs looking down at he ground then started singing "Cry Me A River" Michael Bubles version. 

 Wow. Liam was suprisingly amazing. How could he hide such a talent from me? I was so caught in his voice I didn't even realize that he stopped. I stared at him in complete aw. 

 "Liam. You're amazing. You are trying out for xfactor no matter what. Simon won't be able to say no this time."

 He laughed. "Thanks Ari. The auditions are tomorrow.. Will you take the drive with me?"

 "I'd be delighted to!" Ari smiled. 

 *The next day* 

 "ALL THE SINGLE LADIES. ALL THE SINGLE LADIES. ALL THE SINGLE LADIES PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" me and Liam bursted out singing in the car ride to the xfactor auditions. Liam was trying to dance like beyoncé did in the video, and it was cracking me up!

Of course it was always like this. The two of us are always having fun. Even at 6:30 in the morning. 

 "Okay Liam, save your voice for the auditions! Are you nervous?" i asked, pullling into the parking lot.

 "EXTREMELY!" Liam shouted. "I feel sick to my stomach. Should I even be doing this?"

 "I won't let your voice be unheard. You have a true talent you know. Of course you're going to do this. I see the stadium.. You ready!?" I exclaimed with excitement 

 Liam's stomach dropped. "...were finally here." he scanned the whole building, looking at it and thinking, this is it. 

 "Let's hurry up, have to get a good spot in that big line!" Ari shouted

 After a few hours of anxiously waiting, number 61898 was called. 

 "This is it. No turning back now. No matter what happens, just know I will ALWAYS be here for you. Good luck, you will do great!" i looked at Liam, seeing fear and excitement in his eyes.

 We did our secret handshake and he gave me a quick hug, then disappeared into the doors. It seemed like those were the 5 longest minutes I had to wait. 

 Then I saw Liam burst through the door. 

"Lets go Ari.." he said with a face that i've never seen before. He didn't even look at me, but i could see his face. So fragile. I didn't know what to do or say. I just ran up to him and he burried his face in my shoulder. I could feel his warm tears fall on my skin... what now?