11. Plotting against her

Neil looked at Avni who was silently watching out of the window. Suddenly the car came to a halt with a screeching sound. Avni turned to Neil in confusion.

I think tyre is punctured! Neil replied.

Now?

Don't worry.. I will go and change it.. Neil replied as he removed his seat belt.

Neil it's raining! She replied with concern.

Avni we cannot wait here for a help on a deserted road.. it's just a matter of 5 minutes.. okay? He replied and got out of the car.

Avni saw him taking the tools out of the trunk. She sighed and looked at the umbrella laying on the backseat. She unbuckled her seatbelt and came out of the car.

She saw Neil trying hard to keep his eyes open in the heavy winds. Suddenly he felt the rain stopping. He looked up to see Avni covering him with a umbrella.

Avni get in the car.. Neil spoke as he saw her almost drenched in the rain.

Shut up and do your work! Avni replied sternly. Neil shook his head and changed the tyre. He put the tools in the trunk and turned to Avni who was trying to hold the umbrella in the heavy rain.

He held the umbrella and made her sit in the passenger seat. He put on his seat belt and looked at Avni who was slightly shivering. He took his coat from the back seat and covered her with it.

Thank you.. Avni mumbled while Neil glared her.

You never listen Ms. Mehta.. now look you are all drenched in the rain! He scolded.

Now atleast don't scold me.. Avni pouted. Neil shook his head and started driving. Soon they reached to her apartment.

Thank you for the ride.. Avni spoke as Neil smiled at her. Avni was about to get down but he stopped her.

Don't forget to take medicines.. Neil replied. She raised her brow at him.

Why so much care? She asked. Neil was startled at her question. He looked away.

We are f-friends right? Neil stammered. He himself couldn't find a answer to her question.

Maybe.. Avni mumbled and got out of the car. She walked away without saying anything. Neil looked at her retreating figure and sighed.

**************

Khanna mansion

In the morning everyone were having their breakfast. Shweta looked at Neil and decided to start the conversation. She cleared her throat.

Tillu.. I was thinking ki.. Shweta mumbled. Neil looked at her and nodded indicating her to continue.

I have found a girl for you.. she spoke. Neil didn't say anything and continued to munch on his food.

I know you don't want to get married now but Tillu.. atleast you can meet her once.. Shweta suggested. Neil smiled at her and nodded making Shweta smile.

Who is she? Bebe asked.

Juhi.. Shweta spoke making Neil drop the spoon from his hand.

What? Mom you selected Juhi for me.. you know I can't stand by her even for a second.. Neil huffed.

Tillu she is a nice girl.. she is from a nice family and she would be a perfect match for you.. I don't know what problem do you have with her everytime.. Shweta asked making Neil sigh.