7. First Meet

Avni came out of her car and looked at the building. She walked to the receptionist.

Good morning how may I help you? The receptionist asked politely.

I have an appointment with Mr. Prakash Khanna.. Avni replied.

May I know your name please? The receptionist asked while checking the appointment list.

Avni Mehta.. Avni replied and looked at her watch.

Sorry mam.. sir is in a meeting.. you can wait in the meeting room.. the receptionist replied. Avni nodded at her.

A lady guided her towards the meeting room. Just then her phone ringed.

Karan calling..

She smiled. Karan was with her from her college times. He was a fun loving person. He always made her mood better. He had a different place in her life.

Before she could speak anything, Karan started speaking from the other end.

Avni Avni.. there's a good news.. Karan said excitedly. Avni shook her head. He always had to disturb her during office times.

Karan.. I have told you right.. do not call me during office times.. Avni replied.

Come on Ms. Avni Mehta.. two minutes won't make a difference and don't spoil my mood now.. Karan replied.

Acha bolo.. Avni mumbled while looking at her watch. She hated late people.

Just then the peon served her juice. Avni smiled at him.

My engagement is fixed.. Me and Priya are getting engaged the next week.. Karan replied. Avni smiled hearing the news.

Sasur ji maan Gaye huh? Avni teased. Karan chuckled.

Ab humhe Kaun mana kar Sakta hai? Karan laughed. Avni shook her head while smiling and walked out of the meeting room. She had a meeting in next 1 hour and she had to rush.

But why so soon-- her voice trailed as she collided with someone. She lost her balance and the glass from her hand fell down breaking into pieces.

She closed her eyes in fear but she was pulled up before she could land on the ground. She opened her eyes slowly and saw a man in his mid- twenties. She looked down at her dress all stained in the juice. She pushed the man slightly and stepped back.

Can't you see and walk!? Avni asked sternly but the man seemed to be lost somewhere. She snapped her fingers in front of his face with irritation.

I am sorry mam.. the man apologized. The moment he saw her he froze. Her brown eyes captured his mind. He couldn't stop looking at her.

How will your sorry help my dress? Avni asked with irritation. Everything around her was pissing her off. First the meeting was delayed. Then her dress got stained.

Now how the hell was she going to attend the meeting like this!?

I said I am sorry.. the man replied politely. Avni gave him an annoyed look.

Neil's Pov

I came out of the meeting room and dad informed me that the owner of Mehta industries was going to come for the meeting. I nodded and called my PA as the meeting was at 11 and now it was 11:30. I shouldn't keep her waiting.

My PA informed me that she was waiting in the meeting room. I walked towards the meeting room. Just then I collided with a girl who just came out of the meeting room.