9. Her fears

Neil sat besides bebe and smiled at her. She caressed his hair lovingly. Meanwhile Shweta walked to the kitchen to check on the food. She arranged everything on the dinning table and called everyone.

Bebe sat on the head chair and Avni took her seat on the left. She looked at Neil who was standing besides her while doing something on his phone.

She looked at Shweta and Prakash who were sitting in front of her. She knew she couldn't change her seat so she sat quietly.

Tillu.. phone nu chadh aur beth ab.. Shweta spoke while serving. Avni looked at Neil and muffled her laughter. He looked at his mother with embarrassment.

Mom! Don't call me that.. Neil whined as he took his seat. Shweta looked at him.

Why any problem Mr. Tillu? Shweta asked. Neil shook his head and started eating. Avni looked down at her plate and tried to hide her smile.

Just then the door bell rang. The servant opened the door only to find a girl. He greeted her and went. Everyone turned their attention towards her and smiled except for Avni and Neil.

He rolled his eyes and turned to his food while Avni looked pale. The girl looked at Avni and smirked.

Avni! What a pleasant surprise.. she exclaimed and walked towards her.

Arey Juhi you know her? Shweta asked her. Juhi nodded and stood near Shweta.

We are friends.. we studied together in College.. Juhi spoke. Avni forced a smile towards her.

Juhi bent down and took blessings of bebe and took her seat besides Shweta.

By the way Avni you here? Juhi asked. Avni looked at her.

She is our business partner beta.. Shweta replied. Avni nodded. She was in no mood to speak to her. She looked down at her plate and felt like she couldn't eat anymore. She had lost her appetite.

Hello Neil.. Juhi greeted him. Neil forced a smile at her and greeted her. He never liked her because of her clingy behaviour. He tolerated her only because of Shweta.

Flashes of past came running in front of avni. She closed her eyes and tried to calm herself. She took a bite but immediately choked.

Neil quickly passed her water and rubbed her back. He looked at her with concern.

Are you okay? Neil asked. Avni looked at him and nodded. She looked up to see Juhi glaring at her.

Tu thik hai puttar? Bebe asked. Avni nodded.

Did you like the food beta? Shweta asked.

I loved it aunty.. thank you.. Avni spoke. She missed her mother's food.

After all Shweta aunty aap toh world ka best khaana banati hai.. Juhi spoke. Shweta smiled at her while Neil rolled his eyes.

Vese Avni itne saalo se kaha thi tum yaar! Matlab college ke baad dikhi hi nahi tum? Juhi asked with a smile.

Voh Mai mumbai shift ho gayi thi.. Avni replied. She wanted to leave the place as soon as possible but she couldn't.

Tum Delhi nahi gayi? Juhi asked with a smirk. Avni forced a smile at her.

Nahi..

Kyu? Uncle aunty Abhi bhi naraj hai college ke uss incident se? Juhi asked with a smirk. Avni looked at Prakash and Shweta who were busy having a conversation with bebe.

Aisi baat nahi hai.. Avni stammered. She knew Juhi was purposely trying to dig out the past.

Tum bilkul nahi badli Avni.. you still hide things.. juhi taunted her. Neil looked at her and then at Avni. The conversation was going somewhere else.