5. Accusations

She rested her head against the headboard and looked at the window. She was at peace that atleast her performance went well. Her thoughts drifted to Juhi. She didn't knew why Juhi never liked her.

***************

Avni was speaking to Mitali with a book in her hand. She was a nice friend but Avni didn't interact much with her. She explained her the points and kept the book aside.

I am so nervous Avni! You know I am so  weak in physics! Mitali whined. Avni chuckled tiredly.

Don't worry Mitali.. everything will be fine.. now have some sleep okay? Avni replied as she looked at the clock. It was 3 in the morning and she had exam at 9. She cut the call and went to sleep.

***************
Next morning

Madhavi came out from the kitchen and saw Ayesha working on laptop. She walked to her hesitantly.

Madam voh kuch baat karni thi.. Madhavi spoke softly. Ayesha just nodded indicating her to speak further.

Voh madam mujhe urgently gaav Jaana padega kuch dino ke liye.. toh mujhe chutti chahiye thi.. Madhavi replied. Ayesha looked up at her.

You can go.. Ayesha replied. Madhavi smiled at her and turned to leave but stopped hearing Ayesha's words.

Madhavi.. listen.. I think ab tumhe yeh job continue karne ki zaroorat nahi hai.. Avni ab badi ho chuki hai.. she doesn't need caretaker now.. take your salary before leaving.. Ayesha replied and continued with her work. Madhavi couldn't speak anything. She just nodded and left.

She didn't want to leave Avni but she had no choice. She controlled her tears and cooked Poha for Avni. For the last time.

She walked to her room and saw her playing piano. Avni loved playing piano. It was her passion.

Avni sensed someone's presence and looked behind. She smiled and sat besides Madhavi on the sofa.

Aapne Mumma se baat ki? Kya kaha unhone? Aur yeh kya Madhavi tai.. aap toh bhindi banane vaale the.. phir achanak Poha kese? Avni asked her. Madhavi smiled at her.

Mujhe bolne toh de.. Madam ne permission de di hai.. Par mujhe job chodne ke liye kaha hai.. Madhavi mumbled. Avni's smile vanished as soon as she heard her words. But she immediately put on a fake smile.

It's ok Madhavi tai.. take care of yourself.. Avni mumbled. Madhavi smiled sadly and caressed her hair. She was a lot matured than the children of her age. She had learnt masking her emotions.

Madhavi fed Avni and made her sleep. Avni closed her eyes as put her head on her lap. She felt helpless as she couldn't explain her inner turmoil to anyone.

***************

At night

Avni sat on her bed thinking about Madhavi. After her departure she couldn't concentrate anywhere. She looked at the empty jug on the table as she felt thirsty. She pinched her temples in distress.

She still couldn't walk due to her injury. She knew there was no use of calling anyone.

She slowed stepped out of her room with the jug in her hand. She looked at the stairs and wondered how she would reach down.

She slowly walked downstairs while wincing in pain. She was about to lose her balance but she steadied herself. She sighed. That wasn't easy!

***************

Few days later

Avni came from school and slumped on the sofa. Out of habit her lips mumbled Madhavi's name. Soon realisation hit her. She walked to the kitchen to grab some food. She was glad that she was on her feet again.

She went to her room to prepare for the class test. She searched for her book but couldn't find it anywhere. She walked downstairs in search of the book.

Just then she collided with Aman who was in hurry as he was late for his football match. Water spilled on the stairs from Aman's glass which went unnoticed by both.

Aman mumbled a sorry and left. Avni searched for the book everywhere but she couldn't find it. She called out Ayesha.

Ayesha walked downstairs to see Avni calling her. Suddenly she lost her balance and slipped due to the water and rolled down the stairs.

Avni's eyes widened as she looked at her injured mother. She quickly ran to her and patted her cheeks.

Ashish and Aman came back home hurriedly as they heard the news. Ashish enquired Avni about the incident but she was clueless. Meanwhile the doctor checked Ayesha.

Doctor is my wife okay? Ashish asked worriedly. Doctor looked at him and nodded.

Don't worry Mr. Mehta.. your wife is completely fine.. the wound is not deep.. I am giving some medicines.. she will be fine.. the doctor replied and gave the list to Ashish and left.

Avni walked to her room quietly. She plugged in her headphones and sat on the bean bag. Her eyes welled up. She could never see her family in pain. She wanted to stay besides Ayesha but she knew her mother wouldn't like it.

Soon Ayesha gained consciousness. She looked at Ashish and sat up slowly. Ashish sat besides her and held her hand.

Are you okay? Ashish asked. Ayesha nodded. Before Aman could speak anything Ayesha asked him to call Avni.

Are you okay mum? Avni asked slowly. Ayesha shot her a glare.

How did water spill on the stairs Avni? Ayesha asked sternly. Aman looked at her and then at Avni who looked clueless.

I don't know what you are saying Mumma.. Avni said.

Stop lying! Only you were in the house at that time except me..and you were downstairs from past one hour right? Ayesha asked.

I was searching for my book Mumma.. I think water spilled there when bhai collided with me.. he had glass of water in his hand--

Shut up!! Dare you put all the blame on your brother now.. you know I hate lies! Ayesha yelled at her.

But ma--

Enough! Go back to your room right now.. tomorrow you are leaving for hostel..I can't tolerate this nuisance anymore! Ayesha spoke sternly. Aman looked at her. He felt tongue tied.

No Mumma please.. I don't want to go hostel! Avni cried. She looked at her father and brother for help but they didn't speak anything.

Fine then! You are leaving to Bangalore as soon as your final exams are over next week.. you can stay with Diksha there and join the college.. Ashish spoke. Avni ran to her room crying.

Aman went behind her and knocked the door. But she had locked herself inside.

Avni open the door!! Please.. Aman pleaded. Avni wiped her tears and looked at the door.

Go away like you always did! I don't want anyone! Avni yelled and cried harder.

Aman looked at the door sadly and went back to his room. He would try to convince his parents to change their decision.

Why does this always happen to me!! Mai itni buri hu kya Bappa ki sab mujhe chod ke chale jaate hai.. I am bad.. I am very bad!! Avni cried looking at lord Ganesha's idol.

She didn't want to go to Diksha. She knew her aunt was no less than an evil. But she was left with no choice.

***********************************
No precap

***********************************

Hope you guys like this one! Don't forget to put your reviews in the comment section below..

Much love ❤️❤️