2. Disaster birthday..

Avni reached her home happily and waved at Anjali and stepped inside thinking how happy her parents would be.

Little did she know her happiness was short-lived!

***************

Avni ran inside the house calling out everyone. Aman and Ayesha walked downstairs upon hearing her.

What happened Avni? Ayesha asked her. Her gaze fell at the trophy and the medal in her hand and smiled.

Aman hugged his baby sister. He was very happy for her.

Ayesha was about to join them but her phone rang. She picked up the business call and walked to her room.

Avni went upstairs to get fresh. She was excited to see her father's reaction. After sometime Ashish came back home frustrated. He loosened his tie and slumped on the sofa. Avni came running to him as she heard his car entering.

She sat besides a tired and grumpy Ashish and narrated him the entire event excitedly. But her smile vanished as she saw Ashish's cold reaction. He smiled softly. His reaction startled her but shrugging off her thoughts she went back to her room.

***************

Everything okay Ashish? Ayesha asked softly. Ashish shook his head tiredly.

Everything got so messed up today.. the clients got really upset.. Ashish said while playing with his fork while Ayesha looked on confusingly.

My assistant misplaced a very important file containing the contracts which we signed with the dealers last week.. I don't know what to do.. Ashish spoke. Ayesha placed her palm on his hand.

It's ok.. it happens sometimes.. Ayesha said. Ashish nodded and smiled at her. He felt better after speaking to her.

Just then Aman came down with Avni and took his seat next to Ashish. He asked his mother about the dinner but his smile vanished upon hearing her.

See everything is your favourite.. today you won the football match na.. Ayesha said with a smile as she removed the lid one by one.

Aman looked at avni as her face hung down. He looked at Ayesha in disbelief and ate his dinner quietly.  He wanted to surprise Avni by making her favourites but everything got spoiled. He even informed his mother of his plan.

Aman made Avni smile with his lame jokes. His lips curved into a smile at the sight of smiling Avni.  He was successful in bringing smile on her face.

Soon everyone retired to their rooms. Avni sat on the bed hugging her teddy bear.

Uff teddu.. why does everything happen opposite to my expectations.. aaj ka din toh bilkul acha nahi Gaya.. Avni mumbled to her teddy bear and sighed hugging him tighter.

***************

Few days later

Avni got ready and headed downstairs and saw everyone at the dining table having their breakfast. She wished everyone and took her seat next to Aman.

Someone is late again.. Huh? Aman asked teasingly. Avni shot him a glare.

I missed my alarm today.. she said. Aman looked at her and nodded. He passed her the glass of milk to which Avni made a face. She silently took the glass from him as Aman glared her.

Just then Ashish got up from the table picking up his coat making Ayesha look at him.

Ashish! What is this.. finish your breakfast.. you are always skipping your food nowadays.. you will fall ill.. Ayesha scolded him while the kids looked on. Ashish looked at her and smiled a bit.