"What did you tell them..?"

The next day, Jared did as promised and gave Evan a ride home, although it was a pretty awkward silence.

Jared parked the car outside Evan's house. "Wait."

Evan obeyed and didn't move a muscle.

"Can you.. help.. me with homework?"

Evan nodded. "S-Sure."

They closed the doors to the truck, went inside Evan's house and into his room.

Jared unpacked his stuff and showed it to Evan. "All I really need is the full measurements to these shapes."

Jared layed down on the bed next to Evan and he explained the formulas and variables to him.

Jared had finally gotten the hang of it and was doing it by himself.

Evan finally decided to talk. "So.. J-Jared. Have you h-heard that Connor, um, d-died?"

Jared nodded. "Yup, I heard. Everyone was all around Zoe today, how could I not?"

Evan seemed to blush at the sound of her name. "Well, h-his parents think we were, um.. f-friends."

Jared looked up at him. "What did you tell them..?"

"That w-we were..?" He looked down, ashamed.

"Do you know how much trouble you could be in if they found out you guys weren't?"

Evan was starting to regret telling him. "B-But his mom was crying. Sh-she looked so upset."

Jared rolled his eyes and focused on his homework. "Why are you telling me this, anyways?"

Evan looked out at the window. He told him everything. He told him on how he lied describing a day that never happened during the summer. He told Jared all the lies he told the Murphy's. Most importantly, he told him that they send emails to each other.

"His parents think you were lovers, you realize that, right?"

Evan looked at him. "What? Why would they think that?"

Jared rolled his eyes. "Um. You were best friends but he wouldn't let you talk to him at school? And when you did, he would kick your ass? That's like the exact formula for secret gay high school lovers."

Evan thought about it. "Oh. My. God."

"Well why didn't you just nod and confirm?"

Evan's face went red. "I-I tried to. You don't understand.. I was n-nervous and I started talking and I just.."

"You couldn't stop." He sighed. "So what else did you completely fuck up?"

"Nothing, seriously," defended Evan.

Jared gave him a look.

"I mean, I told them that me and Connor wrote emails in a.. um, secret account." Evan looked away.

"A secret account? Sure one of those to send pictures of your penises to each other." Jared sighed. "Honestly, could this get any worse?"

Something suddenly hit Evan. "They're going to want to see our emails."

He answered sarcastically. "You think?"

Evan panicked. "What am I going to do?!"

Jared shrugged. "I can do emails."

Evan raised an eyebrow.

"It's easy," he said. "You make up an account, backdate the emails. There's a reason I was the only CIT with key card access this summer. I have skills, son."

Evan looked at him "Y-You would do that?"

He nodded. "For two grand."

"How about two thousand dollars?"

He shook his head. "Five hundred."

Evan finally came to a conclusion. "I can give you twenty."

"Fine but you're a dick."

Evan smiled slightly at Jared's humor.

Soon Jared had to leave and they said their goodbye's.

Ok so at this point of the story, it's being based off the musical. Anywayz, my name is Percy and I appreciate your existence!