Chapter 10 - crossing the line

Start from the beginning

"Care to follow your own advice? Why don't you say your real name? Scared some friends will take advantage of you again?" I countered, gripping her wrists tightly.

"You're hurting me," she breathed out, hissing.

I stared in her eyes, wanting nothing more than to see fear dominating it. Brown is my next favorite color after red. They're like the meat color.

I loosened my grip, but didn't let go.

"You hurt me too. You're one of the only people who saw my back, yet you just said something completely irrelevant."

"I was trying to process it," she defended weakly.

"You messed with me again, Heartfilia, and this time it was crossing the damn line."

I was done too. She's nothing more than a girl who crossed my path. We both are wrong together, the only thing we do is fighting. Yes, she brings me excitement, but if this is the way, I'm seriously messed up for liking it.

"You're messing with me too," Lucy exclaimed, snatching both hands out of my grip. "I just thought you were a problematic kid and all. I know you're kind, I saw it when I met your parents. But this persona you got here is pathetic. I'm sorry for whatever happened in the past, but life moves on. Almost everyone lost someone they loved, but they continue their lives like they're okay, and after a while, they are."

She exhaled loudly before looking away, sadness crossing her eyes. Like she knew what I was going through. "You're just building your wall so high to protect yourself. But it takes a toll on yourself too."

I gritted my teeth, not liking this. She was fucking right. "Thanks for the damn explanation I didn't fucking want."

She looked so kissable right now. Whoa, where did that come from?

"You're so frustrating," Lucy said, groaning loudly.

I leaned closer till our heads were touching. "You're too, sweetheart."

"You're not alone," she whispered. My heart bumped loudly at that. All this time, I was surrounded by my friends, but none of them tried getting to know my past like she does.

And she even tried to cheer me up or break my walls down. Everyone is just there.

I kissed her, but this time I felt something explode inside me. Fucking hell, I was close to tearing up. I just wanted some emotional support.

I broke the kiss, stepping back. Lucy's dangerous. She will leave me just like everyone. I glared at her flushed face.

"Go to hell," I spat. "You're messing with my feelings."

I walked away from the rooftop to somewhere where is it empty. I was thinking about my way to get her back.

~Levy's POV~

Laxus came when it was lunchtime to us. Mira asked if he could find out of Lucy was okay. Yes, you read it right, it is about Lucy. We are still worried about her.

"So, how is she?" Mira asked his boyfriend.

"I don't know, but what I know is that she's done with Dragneel. She doesn't care anymore," and with that he walked to his friends.

Mira, Erza, Juvia and I looked each other in the eyes. We all thought the same thing, why doesn't she care anymore?

I know the bracelet. She told me that her mother made it for her. It was special to her. She wore it every day.

I went to my lesson and saw Lucy by herself. She looked lonely and in pain, but her eyes were emotionless.

School was over and everone walked out. Then I saw Lucy exit the room. Suddenly everyone started to bully her or say something that wasn't nice.

Then I saw Sting walking over with Rogue. They pushed her to the ground, and every time she tried to stand up they pushed her again.

What the hell?

People were only standing watching her. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Stop," I screamed, of course nobody listened. Lucy looked in pain, but she was surprised that I was trying to stop them.

Then Gray walked over. "Sting, Rogue, leave Lucy alone," Gray said, glaring at the duo.

Sting clicked his tongue, bending down to Lucy on the ground. "This isn't over, blondie."

"Thank you, Gray," Lucy said with a little smile. Gray helped her stand up. "See you later, Lucy," Gray said.

"Why did they do that?" Lucy asked, gripping her straps tightly.

Gray ran his hand through his head. "Natsu probably ordered them to. Sting is a sucker for Natsu's approval."

Of course, I should have known. Sting looks up to Natsu. Why? I don't know.

~Lucy's POV~

Gray helped me with things. I'm glad there are still some nice people around. But what shocked me the most was Levy screaming 'stop.' She did care after all.

I didn't cry, karma will get them back. Soon school was empty. I thought I was the only pupil left until I footsteps heard. I turned around and saw Dragneel.

"Hey, having fun in the hallways?" he asked, a smug smile on his face.

Gray's words flashed through my head. Natsu probably ordered them to.

Anger boiled up inside me and tried to give him a push. "You said you didn't do physical damage," I yelled.

"You're right, but was I the one who played with you? I don't think so," he said. He has a point, he didn't hurt me, but others, then something came to my mind. Don't know if it was the right thing to say, but I said it.

"What are you lame, sending someone to plat with me. Can't you do it by yourself? Or are you scared you can't?" I said a little bit in a teasing voice, but remained serious. Then his smirk dropped, it was replaced with something else. It looks like he was trying to hold back.

"Don't test me. I can easily take you down," he said. I was curious how far he can go without hitting me.

"If it is easy, then do it. Prove it that you can. Or have you a rule, no hitting girls more than one time?" I asked. I regretted it when he got in my space.

He gave me a hard push to the wall. I bumped against it and lost my balance. I fell on the ground, gasping loudly.

Oh, so he still can go lower?

I held my shoulder painfully, it came against a sharp edge.

He lifted up my chin with his hand. "Do you seriously want to test me? Last chance," he said dead serious. This way way more different than our intimate conversation earlier.

I remained silence. He backed away, allowing me to stand up. I wanted to grab my backpack, but it didn't lie on the ground.

"Are you looking for this?" Natsu said, holding my backpack.

"Give. It. Back," I said while gritting my teeth.

"Here," he said, throwing it to me? But he threw it much higher. I turned around and saw Sting there. Those two are working together.

They went on throwing my backpack. Until Sting said he wanted to go. "All right, here is you bag, sweetheart," Natsu said and threw it hard on the ground. They walked away laughing together.

I walked to my bag immidiately searching for something. I found my watch still in one piece. I sighed relieved, this was my from my mother. I found it yesterday. It has more value then the bracelet. It was from my grandmother who passed it to my mother. That is why I quit the deal.

But my bracelet is still important to me, but is it probably torn apart by Natsu already.

I went home and checked my mail. We have a schooltrip coming. We are going to hear the details tomorrow. I hope it is fun, I really need to be away from problems.

I want to relax, but knowing it's for school, we can't.

________________
This was again another chapter.

Hope you liked it.

Vote or comment if you did.

❣️