𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. New Alpha

Start from the beginning

The brothers were sitting at the back unmindfully when Gray flinched at the noise of alarm as soon as it set off, the screeches and growls of the velociraptors might not reach them but it was not hard to assume what it meant. He looked at his brother, trying to swallow down his nervousness. "Nothing's getting in here, right?" He whispered keeping his eyes on the window, fearing the raptors might hear him. He sure admired the velociraptors, but he already had enough of up-close-with-dinosaur experiences. "We're safe, right?" He sure had tried to keep his tone void of any emotion, but even a look at his face was enough to feel how scared Gray was again.

 "We're safe, right?" He sure had tried to keep his tone void of any emotion, but even a look at his face was enough to feel how scared Gray was again

Deep inside, Zach felt quite the same. Alarms could never be not unsettling and add the release of those predatory animals into matters which it signalled, it was more than enough to make it more unnerving. Even so, he found himself wanting make him feel safe as he stared at his pale face. Just as he was trying to figure with words, his mind stumbled upon a past memory. He weighed for some seconds whether to bring it up or not recalling it, before starting with a light smile. "Hey... Do you remember that ghost at the old house? Remember, the one in the garage?" Gray finally took his eyes off the window to look at him, raking through his memories to figure about which the older was talking. "I had protected you, right?"

The youngest Mitchell now slightly snorted as the memory started coming back. "You made a battle ax...out of a ruler and a paper plate."

"Yeah," Zach chuckled, "See, nothing is gonna get you while I'm around, okay?"

Gray smiled at his words, but then remembering their family's issues, his smiled disappeared. "But you're not always gonna be around," he said in a heavy tone to look down at his shoes.

Zach found himself wordless for some seconds instead of finding consolation or anything appropriate to answer. "Yeah, well... Hey... We're brothers, okay?" He took him by his shoulders to make him look at him, "We'll always be brothers, and we'll always come back to one another. No matter what."

Gray stared into his eyes as his teared up and he whispered. "No matter what?"

Zach pulled him closer by his shoulders to rest his head against Gray's, closing his eyes as he whispered back

"No matter what."