Courtney opens her eyes. She is lying on the tall grass. As she turns around she sees Shayne lying in front of her. He has his hoodie over his head.
Shayne slowly wakes up. He sees Courtney looking at him. ''Hey,'' he whispers as he stretches his arms.
''Hey,'' Courtney says softly.
''What are you thinking about?'' Shayne asks curiously.
Courtney smiles. ''Jango,'' she answers. ''My neighbours are taking care of him.''
Just as Shayne wants to respond there's the loud sound of a cannon. Shayne and Courtney look at each other terrified. Shayne sits up straight and looks around. He sees Noah lying on the grass and Lasercorn sitting against a tree. Ian is not with them though.
''Where's Ian?'' He asks in panic.
From behind Shayne, a dead rabbit gets dropped between him and Courtney. Courtney gets up as well. They see Ian standing next to them with a spear in his hand.
''Don't ask me how, but I caught breakfast,'' Ian says with a smile.
Shayne breathes a sigh of relief. ''I thought you might have been killed. We heard the cannon,'' he says.
''That wasn't me, that was my long-eared friend there next to you,'' Ian says jokingly as he drops the spear before Lasercorn.
''I've got some matches in my backpack. We can make a fire,'' Noah says as he stands up.
''Do we really want to make a fire?'' Lasercorn asks. ''The smoke will tell the other tributes exactly where we are and because of the excessive amount of bushes in this area, they have a good chance of sneaking up on us.''
The group looks around doubtingly.
''He's right,'' Ian speaks. ''The cornucopia is not that far away and at least there people can't sneak up on us.''
''Okay, let's go,'' Noah says.

Everybody grabs their weapons before they set out towards the cornucopia. The cold temperature makes the group walk with a quick pace. Noah is walking in front. Shayne catches up with him. He looks at Noah, who is deep in thought.
''Worried?'' Shayne asks.
''Sort of,'' Noah answers. ''I'm thinking about who could've been killed this morning.''
''Well, we know that Sohinki, Joven and Anthony have died and it wasn't one of us,'' Shayne tells. ''So it was either Wes, Mari, Keith or Olivia.''
Noah stops walking and holds Shayne back. ''It wasn't Olivia,'' he says as he points in front of him.
Shayne looks and sees Olivia walking in the same direction as them. She hasn't noticed them. Shayne looks back at Lasercorn, Ian and Courtney. ''Olivia is walking front of us,'' he says softly. ''What are we going to do?'' He asks.
Ian shrugs.
''Olivia!'' Courtney yells with her hands besides her mouth.
''What are you doing?'' Lasercorn asks Courtney slightly irritated.
In the distance they see Olivia turning around.
Courtney runs past the guys and towards Olivia.
Olivia smiles as she sees Courtney running towards her. She gives Courtney a hug.
''I was worried you might have been killed,'' Courtney tells.
''I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too,'' Olivia says laughingly.
In the meanwhile, the guys have approached them. They greet Olivia happily. After catching up for a while, Noah says, ''Let's go to the cornucopia. Ian has caught a nice rabbit.''
Just as they start walking Lasercorn says, ''Are we just going to let her into our alliance?''
The whole group turns around.
''There are only 8 people left, and with Olivia we have an alliance of 6,'' Lasercorn tells slightly annoyed. ''You guys are acting like this is some kind of happy camp adventure.''
There's an awkward silence.
''It's okay Lasercorn,'' Ian tells calmly.
''No, it's not okay. We will soon be the last group standing and what happens then?''
''Then we will split up and everyone will have an even chance,'' Shayne speaks.
Lasercorn thinks about Shayne's answer. he lets out a big sigh.
''You can trust us Lasercorn. If we're going to kill you, we will let you know,'' Courtney tells jokingly.
Lasercorn laughs. ''I guess you're right.'' He sticks his spear in the ground. ''I'm going to gather some wood for the fire. And I also need some time to think.''
''I'll help you,'' Ian says blissfully as he hands over the rabbit to Olivia.
''Noah, can we borrow your backpack to carry the wood?'' Lasercorn asks.
''Yeah, sure,'' Noah answers as he hands over the bag.
Lasercorn opens the bag and takes out the little wooden box with matches. ''Here,'' he says as he hands the matches to Noah. ''If you guys start a small fire with some dry leaves or something, we will come bring the bigger branches.''
Noah nods.
''We'll see you guys soon!'' Ian says as he waves them goodbye.
The group starts walking towards the cornucopia. Wait, my knives are still in the backpack, Noah thinks. He gasps as he turns around. He sees Lasercorn standing behind Ian with his arm around Ian's neck. He is holding one of the throwing knives to Ian's throat. Just as the entire group turns around, Lasercorn slashes Ian's throat. Ian's body falls to the ground. Lasercorn turns around, grabs his spear and sprints off into the woods.
The whole group stands frozen while looking at Ian's body. It's almost unreal. The sound of a cannon brings them back to reality. They all run towards Ian's body.
''I'm going to run after him. If I sprint I might be able to catch up with him,'' Shayne tells as he peers into the woods.
''No, Shayne,'' Courtney says. ''Lasercorn has a spear. That means he has a big distance advantage. Running after him will only put you at risk.''
''Then what are we going to do?'' Shayne asks with a bitter expression on his face.
''Let's stick to our original plan. We'll go to the cornucopia, have some food and then figure out our next step.''