Nine

Demi

We were still following Maddie and Bea, they were walking ahead of us but we didn't let them get out of sight.

"Something's wrong with Maddie" I whispered to Marissa.

Marissa nodded "shes a little thin"

Just then Maddie collapsed, I ran to her. "MARISSA GET MY CAR" I shouted, she nodded and ran off.

"Maddie? Maddie can you hear me? Come on baby" I forced tears back into my eyes.

No response, Maddie was just lying there, helpless.

"Maddie" I shook her slightly "Maddie I'm gonna to pick you up know ok" I picked up Maddie and started walking to the path, god she was so light, like a 7 year old or something.

Marissa brought the car around, I climbed in the back and put Maddie on my lap, she still hasn't moved. "Hospital Mar" I said.

"On it" she replied as she started driving.

I looked at my sister, she looked weak. "Come on Maddie, hang in there" I whispered.

We got to hospital and a doctor took Maddie to an emergency room while I quickly signed all the shitty paperwork.

"Hey mar, could you ring my parents? I'm gonna find this doctor" I gave a weak smile.

"Yeah sure" she got her phone out to call them.

I was walking round the hospital for like 5 minutes before I found the doctor.

"Excuse me?" he turned to face me "my sister Maddie, is she okay?"

"I'll take you too her" he said as started walking and I followed him. As we were walking he spoke up "Well Miss Lovato, you sister collapsed and hit her head pretty hard but the reason she collapsed was because she hasn't ate properly in a week or more"

"A..A week?"

"Yes, have noticed anything different about her?" he asked.

I shook my head "no, she hasn't been here she ran away with her friends, we found her today and then she collapsed."

"Okay, well she's stable but sleeping. We gave her some drugs to make her sleep. You can go in and I'll get the rest of your family."

I walked in the room and my heart sank when I saw Maddie. She was really thin and pale, she reminds me of 'old' me.
Wait.
No.
She can't.
Eating disorder.
No.
Oh god I'm gonna keep my eye on her.

I kissed Maddies forehead and whispered "I'm here baby, I love you"

Just then my mom came rushing in followed by Marissa and my dad. They all greeted me with hugs then kissed Maddies forehead. They sat down and I told them what the doctor said and they were shocked.

I was holding Maddies hand when I felt a her hand move. I shot up "Maddie? Baby if you hear me squeeze my hand" there was nothing for a few minutes but then she squeezed it.

"W..Where am I?" she croaked.

"Hospital" I said.

"What? Why?" she panicked. I got up and sat on the bed "you collapsed, you're fine now don't worry baby"

"Okay" she whispered.

The doctor came in and greeted my parents again, "Well if Maddie is ready she can go home now but she will need to be in bed and rest for at least three days. You'll have to keep an eye on her though and feed her extra okay?"

I nodded.

"Also she'll need to come back in a few days for a check up."

"Okay" dad said.

"Maddie do you wanna come home now or later?" my mom asked.

"Now" Maddie sat up and gave a weak smile "dem can you help me up?"

"Sure" I helped Maddie up and then gave her to dad so he could carry her to the car.

"We'll meet you at home" I kissed Maddies forehead then walked to my car with Marissa.

_________________________