Ponyboy comforts you !!!

///////Your point of view /////////

I had just got back to school from a dentist appointment and had got my braces taken off . I was the last of my friends to have them . To be completely honest I was actually feeling happy about my looks lately and has been feeling more confident. I was more sociable and more fun to talk to and I guess you could say more on the popular side of the greasers . Well what we considered popular. That all changed my teeth stuck out like a sore thumb. I looked so different. I honestly didn't recognize my face . I was once again..... being self conscious.

When I got back my friends were waiting for me and were over joyed to see my metal free mouth . They kept making comments like " Wow , I can't get over it and " they stand out so much " . Which are good things but just proved my point how much the stuck out . Before I was reckless looking and always had a smirky grin , but know I looked well professional and I didn't like it one bit . After school let out I decided to take a walk the long way round to lot where Ponyboy and I normally talked the day over he helped / gave me the answers to the homework. I got there about 15 mins later than usual and kinda had a gloomy expression on my face and automatically he knew something was up .

////// Ponys point of view ////////

(Y/n) was late to our daily meeting today. And when she got there she kinda seemed off she was always smiling or had a smirk on her face . She was like Sodapop in that way . But something was off with her . I ran up to here and threw my arm over her knowing she loved affection. She grinned not showing her teeth. " Hia doll what'sa goin on " She smiled wide showing her teeth with I had noticed had no braces . I though got she was pretty before but now WOW . " What took so long " I said trying see what was wrong " I had some thinking to do " she said slyly covering her mouth ." O well your here now " We started with are homework and (y/n) wasn't paying attention just in a daze and looking down . What was wrong with her she looked so cool ? I would think she would be over joyed without her braces ,but I guess not . She didn't talk a lot or even eat some of the M&Ms I brought so I knew she was real upset .I lifted her chin and asked her what was the matter " oh nothing " she would never tell just like Dally " u look beautiful.....I just want you to know that " she grinned cheek to cheek "What was that for " she asked wholeheartedly ." Just thought you should hear it " she fell in to me and gave a great big hug I loved (y/n) I just couldn't hrlp to tell her yet .

💛Natures first green is gold