[Chapter 29]: Protect her

"Todo, I can walk home on my own. My apartment is too far out of the wa-"

"It's fine. Besides, it's dangerous this late." He insisted.

"But I walk this way all the time, and even later than this sometimes." You huffed. Todoroki wasn't having any of it though. He reached down to intertwine his fingers with yours.

"Stop being stubborn. I also want to spend time with you."

MY HEART!

"Me too..." You mumbled shyly, eyes sheepishly glancing at your connected hands. "I also want to spend time with you."

The sports festival had just ended. Todoroki took it upon himself to walk you home as he had done so many times. It's not like he wanted to go home with Endeavor anyways.

"Well, what do we have here?" A woman called out from behind you.

"Oh, hey Ai!" You grinned towards her. Todoroki and you waited for her to catch up to you. Ai's eyes immediately gravitated down to your intertwined hands.

"I see you two have gotten comfy." She snickered. Blood rushes to your cheeks.

O-Oh boy...

"We have. We're dating now." Todoroki causally stated.

"Bout damn time." She scoffed. "And you're heading to (y/n)'s apartment!? My, my are you two bold~"

"Eh? What do you mean by that?"

"Ai, cut it out!" You panicked, face reddening even more.

"I'm just messing with ya. Besides, tonight we're gonna celebrate!" Ai laughed while pulling a bottle of soju out of seemingly nowhere.

"What? Ai no, we can't-"

"Oh come onnn," She slung her arms around your shoulder and pulled you along. "You guys don't have school tomorrow anyway."

"But-"

"GET THAT STICK OUTTA YOUR ASS AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

- - -

"CHEERS~" Ranka called out, waving his glass around.

"Please don't spill on my carpet..." You muttered.

How on earth did it end up like this...

You, Todoroki, Ai, Satou, and Ranka were all gathered around your tiny living room table.

"RANKA, why the FUCK is this crusty lookin ass old man here?!" Ai drunkily growled, her pointer finger stretched across the table at Satou.

"Shut the fuck up you shitty brat." He mumbled. "Can't a crusty old man enjoy a drink in peace."

"Oh please you two, can't you just get along long enough to celebrate (y/n)'s and Todoroki's success~" Ranka giggled in an attempt to calm the quarrel.

Ahhh geez...

You leaned your elbows on the table, hands covering your face.

This is so embarrassing.

"You seem like you know how to hold your liquor kid." Satou noted towards Todoroki who was just quietly sipping his drink.

"Eh?" Todoroki looked up before nodding. "Yes sir. Drinking is traditional at formal dinners in my household."

S-So cool!

With determination, you took hold of the small cup before you. You brought it up to your lips, ungratefully taking a few gulps.