[Chapter 28]: Long road ahead

For my own safety?! What did he mean?! Could he really be talking about- NO NO NO (Y/N), GET YOUR MIND OUTTA THE GUTTER!

"Ehhh (y/n), are you alright?" Ochaco gently nudged. "You seem a little-"

"WHATEVER COULD YOU BE TALKING ABOUT?! I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT HAVING IMPURE THOUGHTS!" You frantically responded.

"I-Impure thoughts?!"

"You're acting rather suspicious (y/n)." Tsu teased. "Perhaps something happened with Todoroki?"

"Eh, I mean you could say that..." You shifted in your seat uncomfortably. Part of you wanted to scream and brag to the world that you were dating Todoroki, but you opted to keep it a secret until you talked more with him.

"Was he doing alright when you saw him last (y/n)?" Izuku questioned. You glanced over at the boy and nodded.

"He is. That fight with you... well, it changed him Izuku." You smiled. "Thank you."

"N-No! It's no big deal! I was just trying to help out a classmate is all!" He stuttered, cheeks a bit read. He attempted to wave his arms in front of his face to no avail due to his heavily wrapped arm.

"Speaking of Todoroki, looks like the next round is about to start!"

Your attention shifted to the battlefield. Iida and Todoroki were up.

Come on Todo, do your best.

- - -

It ended rather quickly. Iida had managed to get a quick hit in with his recipro-burst but Todoroki has plugged his mufflers before being thrown out of the arena. After that, it was only a matter of seconds before Iida was frozen in place.

"Todoroki wins!" Midnight declared. The arena once again bustled with screams and cheers. But you remained silent.

He didn't use his flames...

You watched on as the boy stared down at his left hand.

Todo must still be confused, not that I blame him. It's affected him for so long...

"(Y/n), are you gonna go see Todoroki before his next match?" Tsuyu casually questioned.

"Eh? I mean..." You shifted in your seat uncomfortably. "I want to but he may just want to focus."

"I think he'd want to see you." She insisted. You perked up at the friend's words. It was true that he liked you, but you were worried about pushing too much right at the beginning.

"You think so?"

"Of course." She replied in confidence. "In fact, I don't think anything would calm him down more."

After taking a moment to think it through, you opted that she was probably right.

"Alright, I'm going!" You exclaimed, jumping up from your seat. "I'll be back for the finals! Let me know how Tokoyami does against Bakugou!"

With that, you left your friends in the stands and headed to the waiting rooms.

"Do you think (y/n) and Todoroki like each other?" Ochaco suspiciously question.

"I think you're a little behind on events Ochaco." Tsuyu grinned.

- - -

"Todoroki?" You gently knocked on the door and pushed it open so not to startle him.

"Eh? (Y/n)..." He was about to get up from his seat but you shook your head.

"No need to stand. I'll come to you."