Surprise - Nalex

Hello! I've been thinking of doing this for a while but I didn't have the time. Now that in done with my courses for this term (whop whop for winter holidays!) I will deliver some one shots.

In this occasion I'll introduce you to the 1D Vignettes. Short scenes from every couple and of course the first is Nalex. These are just some scenes to see the couples being domestic and if you like them then I'll be writing more. They are quite easy and I always have glimpses of them together. So yeah, that's all (: happy reading!

Bel, xx

-:-:-

Surprise - Nalex

After one is on the road for so long one grows homesick. It's inevitable, natural to feel that way. There's no place like home, like your bed, your bathroom and above all, like the people waiting for you. Niall Horan loved his career. Being on stage and touring had always been his dream and he would never get used to the fact his dream had come true. He had to be the luckiest lad alive. And if that wasn't enough he had a girl waiting for him at home. An amazing girl who made him fall in love every day. She was just perfect for him and he couldn't wait to see her.

"Alex!" he shouted slamming the door open.

Instead of an answer what received him was an incredible smell. The scent of something delicious and his stomach growled to life. Or something similar.

"Niall?" a girl with black hair with red streaks came out of the kitchen, a surprised expression on her face. "But you told me you were getting here around ten. It's ten to nine."

"Surprise!" he exclaimed excited throwing his bag to the floor and rushing towards her.

It had been a month since he last saw her and he had missed her terribly. The way she hugged him and how she felt closely pressed against him. The sweet smell of her shampoo that embraced him when he buried his nose in her neck. Her warmth and the way she always let out a giggle when he hugged her.

"Oh, but you ruined my surprise! I was making your favourite," Alex whined when he pulled back. His hands stayed on her waist, though, not willing to let her go just yet.

Niall's eyes lit up at the mention of food and not just any food but home food made by Alex. That was Niall's weakness and the way Alex could get him to do anything. She was a goddess in the kitchen if it weren't because of his fast metabolism, Niall wouldn't have human shape by now.

"You're cooking for me?" he asked with bright eyes and Alex chuckled.

"Of course! To celebrate you're home. I missed you," she added in a gentler voice, her hand cupping his cheek and that lazy smile he loved so deeply.

"I missed you, too, babe," he replied without hesitation. Being away was always hard when she couldn't go with him.

Alex would normally go with them on tour as part of the sound crew, but when the band travelled due to publicity work, she stayed at home taking care of other business.

"And I missed your food so don't get distracted. Go, go, go! Let's go to the sanctuary!" he joked succeeding at making her laugh. But joke aside, he was indeed hungry. "And don't worry, while I wait I'll eat the ingredients."

"And that's why I can't cook when you're around. You always eat half of the meal before it's ready," Alex complained stepping back and turning on her heels to walk inside the kitchen again.

"I blame solely you for that," he said following her close behind. "Plus, what else can I do as I wait?"

"Help me maybe?" Alex suggested and looked at him over her shoulder for three seconds before both burst out laughing.

Yeah, that wasn't a good idea. Every time they tried to cook together it always ended up in a food fight and then a call to Donino's Pizza.

"Just sit there and I'll toss at you some food," she said lightly and Niall didn't complain, he just followed the instructions. It was just how they worked, part of their lives. He would come back and sit on a stool whilst she cooked and heard him telling her all the things he did while being away. And he loved they way things worked for them.