Chapter 22: Valentines Day

Alex

Everybody says that high school sucks, I can totally agree. But the one thing I hate the most about high school is;

Valentines Day

Valentines Day is a day for guys to make up for how much of a d*ck they are to their girlfriends. Or a guy gets the guts to ask out a girl they have feelings for on a date. Which I think it is totally stupid, guys or girl shouldn't wait till Valentines Day to do something for the person they like. Just do it on a regular day and you're good.

But Feburary 14th isn't just a normal day at my school. It's basically a holiday but yet we still go to school on this day (another reason why I hate Valentines day).

"Oh cheer up you little grumpy head, it's Valentines Day! We get to see guys and girls act all romantic to their love ones," Leah said happily

I rolled my eyes, "Just because you like Valentines Day, does not mean I like it too," Leah loves Valentines Day to the point where she spends a whole week talking about it! She wears red, white or pink on different days until the 14th comes up and she actually goes all OUT.

It's basically part of her religion, she matches up a few people together, bakes a bunch of themed goodies and distributes it around school.

"Leah I think you have enough of spirit for the both of us," I told her

"Exactly, and remember that little miss grumpy over here has to go cake tasting with me today, can't allow her to be to all upset about not having a date," Andrew told Leah then ruffled my hair.

I fixed my hair and glared at Andrew, "You'll already on my dead list, don't push it."

Since in the winter time I had brunnette hair color, mom thought it was a good idea to go back to blonde since my hair isn't bright red anymore. I think she was more upset at Andrew for that then I was.

Leah sighed, "I can't believe you're ditching me on my favourite holiday of the year,"

I scoffed, "Please! You have a date tonight at the cafe."

Oh! I completely forgot to mention every year, Leah finds a date who wants to spend the 14th not alone or a guy she likes at the time. They go a cafe and hear love songs all night (cliche I know)

Leah glanced over at Andrew and then at me, "I'm really sorry for your parents, shouldn't they be spending this day away from you guys?"

I never really thought about it until now. Mom hasn't talked to me about her and Carl doing anything for the weekend I should talk to her today about it. Just then the bell run for first period. We said our goodbyes to Andrew and started walking to our first period class; Math.

"It's weird seeing you guys getting along and not glaring at each other anymore. I'm so used to you guys fighting and now that you're not; scares me," Leah explained

"It was weird at first but not anymore, he usually comes over after school and we basically watch movies or play board games with Alec,"

Leah giggled, "You guys seem to be having a fun friendship," She said sarcastly, "But have you found out about the secret admirer?"

I face palmed myself, "shoot! Why did that not cross my mind at all?!"

The necklace from Christmas is locked inside my closet and hasn't been touched. I still haven't put some thought into my mystery person Alec has an idea who it's from, neither my parents.

We sat down in our sits and waited for our teacher to arrive, "You been busy with your mom and aunt naggging you about the wedding.. Maybe we should go to the mall sometime and check it out? We could get some infomation from there,"