Preview of Living with the Devil (OUT NOW)

~ Out  Now ~

Living with the Devil

Alex

Putting the last bag inside the truck, I knew I was ready to hit the road. "Well there you are Alex, the very last bag," Alec huffed, He helped carried every single box and a couple of bags to the truck. He looks more built; he was still working at the manufacturing site in downtown Pennsylvania and he was very happy there. Uncle Anthony was more than proud of his son, to achieve goals in life. Alec was still struggling in the love department but knew that one day someone will soon be his.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Dad asked, "Toothbrush, sheets, clothes? Do you need any money? I can always give something for the trip?"

Dad started to reach for his wallet when I stopped him, "Dad no," I brought him into a hug, "I am okay for now; remember I am a big girl."

Dad sighed, "I know, but I will always see you as my little girl."

Spending the summer with dad was pretty cool. We went to the beach and rented out a house for the summer. Leah, Andre, and Andrew came along for the summer. It was all fun and games until the incident happened...

"Can someone help me!!" A struggling Leah cried out.

Dad and I turn towards Leah who was struggling with putting her boxes inside the moving truck. She was also attending Pennsylvania University with Andre and I (I am sort of convinced that Andre is a factor for the reason why she is staying close to home).

We decided that we will rent out a townhouse near campus, which would be easier to get to class without commuting all the time. Both Leah and Andre's parents agreed, my dad insists on paying for the first year.

Leah was trying to balance three-box without seeing where she was going. Dad took the box on the top, while I took the second box. Leah shown relief, "Thank you! I was so scared I would have dropped the boxes."

We brought her boxes inside the moving truck, "Why couldn't you let Andre carry it?"

She shook her head, "Let my clumsy boyfriend carry my most fragile things? I don't think so,"

Andre slides behind her and places a box in the moving truck, "She's lying, nothing in there is fragile. It's just shoes!"

Both Leah and I gasp, "Just shoes?" I protested, "I hope you know that shoes are amazing things that should not be ruined at all what's so ever!"

Dad lightly pats Andre on the back, "shoes are a girl's best friend, I don't understand why but it just is." Dad brought Andre out of the moving truck. Poor Andre, he has so much to learn...

Leah skip out of the moving truck, "So are we almost ready to go?"

"Almost," I replied, "I just need to put in a couple more--"

There he was. Standing in front of the moving truck talking to my dad while holding a box of his belongings. Leah glance towards the direction I was staring or should I say who I was staring at. "You haven't talked to him since the incident haven't you?" Leah asked.

I shook my head, "No I haven't,"

Right on cue, Andrew finishes the conversation with my dad and turned to face me. He seem taller, more grown. You can see the fade of his beard forming. He still looked the same a few months ago but a bit different. "Hi, Alex,"

I cleared my throat, "Hi Andrew,"

We stood there in awkward silence for a moment, "I am going to go see if Andre has anything else to put in the trunk," Leah muttered then shifted away from Andrew and I. "So umm.. How have you been?" he asked.

"I have been good," I replied, "And you?"

He nods his head, "Good, good. Are you excited about moving out?"

I crossed my arms, "Yeah a bit. You?"

"Sort of" Andrew glance down at the box then back towards me, "I have to bring this on the truck. Meet you at the house?"

"Yep," I replied then left heading towards my car.

"Can I say that was the most awkward situation I have ever watched in my entire life?" Leah cringed,

Andrew and I always fought, bickered, and argued about anything; as long as anyone could remember. However, this summer changed everything between us. Just one simple incident change it all.

Can I handle living with the Devil?

*******

I want to thank everyone who was waiting patiently for the sequel! I can now say the sequel is out and you can find it on my profile, it's called 'Living with The Devil'

Thank you to everyone again for reading and supporting my stories!! 

Cece :)