Chapter 26: Me Being Me

Alex

"So he ditched you... In the middle of the parking lot and then you walked home?! How long did that take you?!" Leah shrieked.

After meeting up with Eric and getting ditched at the diner. I decided to walk to Leah's house. She was quite surprise to see me.

I stuffed my mouth with a large amount of popcorn, "Doesn't matter. What matter is that this is getting ridiculous."

Leah nodded her head and turn towards the TV, "Exactly!! who the hell does that, leaves a girl because you can't confess a deal between you and a D*ckhead. Alex if I were you, I would of forced it out of Andrews mouth and let him cough it up!"

My eyes lit up. Why haven't I thought about that before?

I jumped off of Leah's bed and grabbed my bag, "Leah you're a genius!!"

Leah was confused, "I am?" She paused the movie and followed me down the hall towards the stairs.

I stepped down each step explaining, "you just told me to force the answer out of Andrew right??" She nodded her head and given me the signal to continue. "well I'm going to do that!!"

Her face went pale, "Alex.. When I was saying that, I wasn't actually thinking straight. I was more so saying it out of anger." She protested.

I grabbed my car keys from the key holder and burst open the door. "Doesn't matter, it's a plan I have already decided I wanted to do it."

I don't even think Leah realize she wasn't wearing shoes until she stepped on the sidewalk going towards the drive way. She crossed her arms together, "Well I'm just going to say good luck!! Because I don't see this ending well."

I turned on my car and whined down the window, "Leah please! This was one of the best ideas you have ever given to me. I'll text you later," I yelled.

I reversed out of her drive way and drove off towards Andrews house.

Once I reached Andrew's house I noticed both of his parents weren't home.
I shut off the car and walked towards the front door.

I raised my hand to knock but I stopped. Why am I obsessing over this?

It's been three years and I am graduating soon. I need to move on. Apply to colleges, start getting a job.

High school drama is over.

Lowering my fist made me realize that; now, right now I am letting go. Letting go of my past.

I walked down the stairs and slowly moving my feet towards the car. "I can do this,"
Chanting to myself. "I can do this."

Searching through my pockets I took out my small handful of keys. Well just only three keys and a munch of key chain I collected over the years.

I had one for each trip I went on. From my very first trip to Florida to my last vacation in Cuba, I collected them all.

My favorite is the Florida one. It was a year before dad died, also when Andrew and I were really close friends.

We had fun, both of our fathers took us on the rides while our mothers stayed on the ground; where they knew it was "safe".

If it was a close to ground ride, it was likely for both mom and Auntie Andrea to go but rare to see them enjoy it.

They liked the shows and the effects from Indiana Jones. I didn't like it so much since I wanted to go on the rides.

It was a fun, memorable adventure.