Chapter 31: The Crazy Supply Teacher

Alex

A week after Eric confessed his story to me, I felt a new bond between Eric and I. It was not hatred any more nor tension. It was light, free and filled with laughter.

We were walking to class, laughing over a memory we had in middle school. "Remember when you put crazy glue all over the teachers chair?!" Eric brought up, laughing to himself remembering the memory.

I was clutching my stomach, laughing while I remember the day, "It was April first! I had to prank somebody!"

In middle school I used to always pull pranks, it was fun especially on teachers. The teachers caught on it was me and told me I couldn't do any more, that did not stop me on doing it on supply teachers!
In the seventh grade, it was the first of April; April fools day. I wanted to prank somebody but I did not know who. I thought of the idea of putting crazy glue in my teachers chair and wait until she came in.

My classmates were laughing, Leah thought I should not have done that but she was just scared. Eric was trying not laugh.

The door opened and we heard a voice different from our teacher. "Good morning class! My name is Mr. Russell and I'll be your supply teacher for today,"

My face went pale, this wasn't going to turn out good!

Eric already had a book in front of his face covering his laughter, Leah looked like she wanted to cry, knowing her best friend was about to be sent to the principle office.

Mr. Russell was searching through papers looking for the information my teacher had left, "Let's see.." He found the paper and cleared his throat, "Dear, Mister Russell!" He swiftly sat down and I let out a whelp. "Today I will not be here because I will be at a teachers meeting. I have three coloured folders that have worksheets for each part of the day. At 12:15 to lunch they have music in room 103 and from 2:30 to home time they have independent reading,"

Mr. Russell's stopped reading to the class, he skimmed through the page until he reached the very last line, "Since it is April fools beware of Alexandra pulling any pranks,"

Gosh, she knew me to well!

"If any pranks happen from her please report it straight to the office!"

Mr. Russell scanned through the classroom, "Who is Alexandra?"

Eric pointed at me through his book, "Hey!" I hissed

"So Alexandra,"

I looked over at Mr. Russell underneath my eye lashes, "Yes?"

"No pranks today, understand?" He said with a stern voice

"I wouldn't be so sure.." I mumbled underneath my breath. Mr. Russell turned his attention back to the class, "Let's get this class started shall we?" He tried to stand up but he was brought back down in the chair, his cheeks flushed "It seems that I'm glued to my seat!"

The whole class burst into laughter, Eric face was red from holding in his laughter, you can just imagine what he looked like. Of course Mr. Russell looked over at me. His face was turning red and he pointed his finger at me, "YOU! OFFICE NOW!"

I gotten out of my chair and shared a glance with both of my friends. Leah was drowning in her tears and Eric was laughing so hard he was crying.

Walking to the principals office I started laughing myself. It was pretty funny!

I was suspended for a week and Mr. Russell yelled through the school how he never wanted to teach me or supply a class that I was in ever again.