Chapter 9 - meeting his parents

Depuis le début

"Hey, mum, dad," Natsu greeted and gave them a hug. They didn't notice my presence until the woman spoke.

"And who is this young lady, Natsu?" the woman asked. Natsu smiled at them.

"This is my girlfriend. Lucy, my parents. Mum, dad, this is Lucy," Natsu said.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Dragneel," I said with a smile and stuck a hand out to shake.

"Well, I'm Gradeeney Dragneel-Marvell and this is my husband Igneel Dragneel, pleasure to meet you too," she said. Now I understand where Natsu has his hair from. His father has spiky red hair.

And he pretty rocks it too!

"So my idiotic son finally has a girlfriend? I think we are in another universe sweetheart," Natsu's father said.

"Not funny, dad," Natsu said and rolled his eyes.

I remembered the first time I made a comment about his parents, about how they probably didn't do a good job. Oops.

We made a talk to know each other more and his parents approved me. "Lucyy!" I know that little voice. "Hey, Wendy," I said. She pounced on me. Mr. Dragneel and Mrs. Dragneel invited me to dinner and I accepted, I haven't forgotten that I have to sleep here.

We ate dinner in a comfortable slience until Mr. Dragneel spoke. "So how have you two met each other?" he asked. Natsu and I looked to each other, I decided to make up a story.

"I was new here on school so I didn't know anyone. Then there came a boy to me, he showed me friendship and I appreciated that. We hang out a lot and I liked him," I said, hopefully it was believable. Natsu gave me a good-one look. They only just nodded. We finished dinner and I suggested to help. I washed the dishes, while Igneel spoke.

"Natsu, have you something on Lucy that you can use against her?" he asked out of the blue.

Natsu spat his drink out. "What? Why do you think that?" Natsu asked, thinking he got caught.

"She's beautiful, smart, helpful, polite, kind and so on while you are... well... not," he answered. I just couldn't hold it anymore and burst out in laughter and so did Wendy and Grandeeney. "Thank you for the compliment Mr. Dragneel," I said.

Natsu pouted again.

"I can be helpful, polite, kind and smart sometimes. I'm already handsome," Natsu said.

Hate to admit it, but he is.

"I don't think you can be smart Natsu," Wendy said playfully and laughed.

"My whole family betrayed me," Natsu said, acting like he is upset. We talked about things, made joked and played games. It was seriously one of the best evenings after my parents died.

I was so surprised by Natsu's behavior. And I know he wasn't acting. His eyes were genuine. So what happened? Why does he act so cold on school?

Natsu and I returned to his bedroom.

"Hey, Natsu. Where do I sleep?"

"Just in the same bed as me" he answered while lying on his king sized bed. He didn't think so wrong of it. I blushed at the thought of sharing one bed.

"But what if—" cut off again.

"Remember, no complaining. You can also sleep on the ground but I think my bed is more comfortable," he said. Natsu just chuckled at my face. There is no coming out of this, I lay down.

Can't fucking believe I'm sleeping with Natsu Dragneel.

~Gradeeney's POV~

I walked to my son's room to wake up him up. I walked the bedroom in and saw Natsu cuddling Lucy. Lucy's head on top of Natsu's chest. They both smiled.

They look peaceful.

I don't doubt one bit that Lucy's good for him. Natsu was more talkative last night. He hasn't been that excited since...since Zeref's death. He even seemed more excited about school somehow.

I decided to take a picture of it. Then I woke them up.

~Lucy's POV~

I heard someone wake me up. "Five more minutes..." then my eyes shot open. I was embraced by two strong arms. I saw that I lied on Natsu's chest. I immediately kicked him, after that, I regained consciouness. I blushed, seriously why do I blush so much when I'm with him?

"You seriously have to kick me again?" Natsu said lazily, apparently it wasn't that hard.

"Sorry," I apologized. "Can you pick clothes for me?" he asked out of the blue. I wanted to say no, but he is my 'you know what' for now 29 days. I'm already irritated.

"Yes!" I exclaimed too loud and walked to his wardrobe. I decided to just grab a normal outfit. He was gonna strip so I immediately turned around. "You can look if you want," Natsu said, and I could imagine him smirking.

We came to school together. Everyone glanced at us surprised. I just followed him, because I don't know where my so called friends are.

"Hey guys, meet Lucy Heart," Dragneel said. Everyone looked shocked, except Gajeel.

"Why is she following you?" Gray asked. He gave me a small smile, and I smiled back.

"Because I said so," Natsu just gave that as an answer. Eveyone just nodded, understanding that he has something on me.

"Well, I am Jellal Fernandez, nice meeting you, unfortunately under those circumstances." I just smiled at him and Gray. Lisanna walked over angrily.

"Natsu! Why isn't she worn out or whatever, she's just standing there smiling," she said, I just rolled my eyes.

"Stop bothering me for one day," Natsu said, clearly annoyed. She just moaned loudly and walked away.

Gross.

Natsu turned to me, a small smirk on his face. It wasn't the same evil smirk though. "I'm gonna teach you how to fight later."

"Lucy, how are you?" Mira asked. I stood there shocked. They walked yesterday away and now they ask if I'm okay?

"Do you care?" I asked harshly. I don't walk to talk to them right now. They looked surprised about my tone.

Then Erza said: "Ok, you don't want to talk as right now. I understand we let you down when you needed us," wow she is so right.

"I agree with that," I said, biting my lip.

"Fine be that way. Talk to us when you want, but don't care if we aren't talking back," Mira said, a little angry and sad at the same time. And they went back to their friends.

"This was your plan, wasn't it? To have me and my friends fight," I said after I saw a certain somebody watching me with calculating eyes.

Natsu looked at me and tilted his head. "You really are smart like my father said. Yeah that was the plan," Natsu said, it was technically a compliment, but sad too.

I just sat on my spot staring to the ground. They were my only friends. Unbelievable, how didn't I see the trick coming.

I'm so blinded easily.

"Ms. Heart, where is your homework?" I heard Gildarts say.

That too... I was so busy doing Natsu's homework, I forgot to do my own. "Sorry sir, I didn't do it. I was busy taking care of... something," I said. The class laughed a little at my bad excuses. "I'm very dissapointed. I let you off with a warning, but this is the last one. Take an example from Mr. Dragneel." I just rolled my eyes when I heard his name.

"Will do. He's such a good example," I said through gritted teeth, glaring at Natsu.

He threw me a smug smile and looked away.

___________________
Too lazy to make it longer.

Have a peaceful sleep

Gonna edit the wrong spelled words later.

💤