Sorry I didn't get you Juhi? Avni replied as she took a deep breath and looked at Juhi.

I mean you should talk to them.. after all they are your parents.. keep your ego aside and don't mind but it was your fault that--

Enough Juhi!! Avni spoke sternly. She felt everyone's eyes on her. Juhi smirked. Avni felt anger radiating through her body but she didn't want to create a scene there.

Avn--

Juhi I think it's better if you concentrate on your food and stop poking your nose in other's life.. because I think she very well knows how to handle her life.. Neil spoke calmly. Juhi felt humiliated. She never thought Neil would speak for Avni.

Neil!! Shweta chided. She saw Juhi getting up from her seat and tried to stop her.

It's ok aunty.. I am getting late.. mom must be worried.. Juhi spoke and left.

Yeh kya tha Tillu? She must have felt bad! Is this how you behave? Shweta exclaimed as she looked at her son for answer.

Avni must have also felt bad.. she is our guest.. are we suppose to treat someone like that on dinner? And it's her personal matters.. who are we to poke our nose in her life? Neil replied.

Neil is right Shweta ji.. And Avni beta I am really sorry-- Prakash apologized but Avni stopped him.

Nahi nahi uncle.. please don't apologise.. I didn't feel bad.. Avni spoke politely. Prakash smiled a bit at her. Everyone ate their dinner in silence.

***************

Everyone sat in the living room chatting with each other. Prakash and Avni were discussing about their project while Neil starred at her. He was still thinking about juhi's words.

Avni turned to see Neil staring at her intently. She raised her brows at him. He quickly looked away in embarassment.

Kya kar raha hai neil!? Neil scolded himself as he tried to concentrate in his phone.

After sometime Avni got up to leave. She bid bye to everyone and walked towards the door. Neil went behind her.

Should I drop you Ms. Mehta? Neil spoke. Avni turned at him and shook her head.

I have my car.. thanks.. Avni replied. She opened the door and turned to Neil.

By the way thanks Neil.. for supporting me..but tumhe use aisa nahi kehna chahiye tha.. Avni spoke with a smile.

Yaar tum kis mitti ki bani ho..even after what she said to you.. you are still supporting her.. Neil replied. Avni shook her head and smiled.

Thanks..

Did you say anything? I didn't hear it properly..kindly repeat.. Neil teased her.

Good night Mr. Khanna! Avni replied smiling and sat in the car. Neil laughed as he saw her starting the car.

Aur mera sorry? Neil asked. Avni shook her head at him.

Bhul jao! Saying this she drove away. Neil ruffled his hair and went inside. Everyone turned to Neil as he entered the house smiling.

Kya baat hai Tillu.. You look happy? Shweta asked. Neil shook his head.

Nahi toh.. kuch bhi nahi.. Neil replied and went upstairs. Shweta looked at bebe.

Kuch toh hai.. bebe replied with a smile.

****************
At Mehta Industries