Chapter 24- Why Can't Things Ever Change

Warning: *unedited* seriously, there may be many typos. I apologize in advance.

*****

Ryker turned to the side looking to see who it could be. I let a tear of joy slip from my eye as I realized who the voice was.

I looked over to see Jace, Isaac, Janessa, Hailey, Jacob, and Harry all standing by an exit. Harry, Jacob and Jace quickly ran over to me, attacking Ryker to the floor. Isaac and Janessa ran over to Marcel. I remeber Janessa telling me once that she was a fully certified lifeguard and had just passed her CPR course. That eased a little bit of my fear, but it still exsisted inside me.

Hailey stood just outside the door, talking on the phone. It seemed as if she was calling the cops and for that I was thankful. Marcel needed medical attention as soon as possible, and Ryker needed to be behind bars.

I glanced over to Ryker to see that he now layed with his stomach pressed to the ground with his hands and legs pinned down my Jace and Harry while Jacob took out some handcuffs and cuffed Rykers wrists. Jacob's mother was a poilce officer, I remeber him telling me that, so it made sence why he had the handcuffs.

Relief washed through me knowing that I was safe from Ryker. I spotted Janessa performing CPR on Marcel and I immediatly lunged forwards and ran to him. Janessa had succsessfully woke up Marcel, and he was breathing now. I smiled and sat next to him on the ground. "Thank you" I said to Janessa.

"Hailey is calling the cops and an ambulance for you both" she nodded her head at Marcel, then at me. "He was out cold. I don't know how long he can hold on to conciousness, but don't let him close his eyes."

"Okay" I breathed.

Janessa took a few steps back then ran over to Hailey shouting "Their here! Their here!" I watched as they flagged down the cops flinging their arms around crazily.

"Marcel" I whispered looking down at him. His eyes were half open but he tried to smile at the sound of my voice.

"April" his husky voice said. His voice sounded dry and broken.

I loved the way he said my name regardless if he sounded terrible right now.

"Yes, I'm here Marcel, its okay." I had tears running down my cheeks, but I was to busy to wipe them away.

My hands found there way to his face and I rubbed my thumb over his cheeks feeling his soft skin underneath my fingertips.

He struggled to bring his hand up but he reached out and carressed my cheek, wiping my tears away. "A-are y-you oka-y" he struggled to speak.

"I'm okay" I said as I kissed his nose "I'm fine, thanks to you" I smiled. "You saved me."

He smiled as well. His eyes began to flutter closed and I cried out. "No, no, no, no! Stay with me, look at me!" He slowly opened his eyes, just enough for me to see his mossy irises.

"Always" he said to me, then stopped and fell into a fit of coughs. "I'd always save you." He said it so quietly I could just barely piece together what he was saying.

His eyes began to close again, bu despite my yells for him to open them.

"Miss, please step out of the way" a paramedic said behind me, as she pushed me out of the way gently. I stood there as a few paramedics shifted Marcel's body onto a stretcher then carry him out into an ambulance.

I looked over and saw Ryker being shoved into the back of a squad car. He glared over at me, then his mouth turned up into a mad smile. I stumbled back and turned around, not allowing myself to see him anymore.