Chapter 14- If I Lose Myself

*****

APRIL POV

“So baby, I was thinking maybe we could go on a date?” He says “a real one.”

I shake my head and smile. I loved when he called me baby. My heart sped up and it felt weird. But almost in an unnatural way, like it wasn’t supposed to happen.

Everything inside me tells me to stay away from Edward, but the aura he gives off attracts me to him more. It feels like my heart is at a cross roads, one path leads down the mysterious road of Edward, and the other leads down a light, lovely path, which I’m not sure who it leads to.

“So what are we Edward?” I ask. Curious as to who I am to him. Am I just another play toy or am I the one.

“My girlfriend, baby” I hear his voice over the loud speaker or my cell phone. It was the weekend, and I had hoped on maybe spending some time with him.

My boyfriend. That sounded so foreign.

“Yes we can go on a date. When were you thinking?”

“Now” he says. “I’ll be over in ten” then the line goes dead.

He mustn’t be used to saying goodbye or anything romantic. I can teach him. I can make him change for me.

NO a voice says at the back of my head don’t waste your time.

I push those thoughts back and walk up my stairs to get dressed. I throw open my closet doors and search for something nice, but sexy to wear. I still am trying to pull of that ‘bad girl’ aura. That’s still me. I say to myself, hoping to convince myself.

I believe I’m changing. Shattering and crumbling from this shell I have tried so hard to build. I need a moment to gather myself. I sit down on my bead and focus on my breathing. It’s what I used to do whenever I was stressed as a child.

Feeling content, I rise to my feel and pull out a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and tug them up my smooth legs. Then I pull out a floral bralet and pull it over my chest. When I take a look in the mirror and sigh is this me? I say to myself. Yes I argue.

I’m crazy to be having a conversation with myself. Just breathe, just relax. I stock to my closet and pull out my favorite jean jacket and pair it with a pair of white Toms.

I hear the doorbell ring and my heart speeds up a little. Calm down.

I run to my dresser and grab my lip gloss and coat my lips in it before kissing my reflection and walking down the steps. I reach the door and take a breath before turning the nob and meeting eyes with the dark emerald ones I have come accustomed to.

“Hi” I smile. He returns a smile and holds out a hand for me. I take it and grab my keys from the side table, near the door, and follow him out. After locking the door we walk to the car. He walks around to his side and gets in. Isn’t he supposed to open the door for me? He rolls down the window and smirks at me. “Are you getting in?”