Chapter 4- Let Me Help You

Thank you for all the reads. This is so amazing to have 200+ reads! Woohoo!

Please help spread my story around I would be so grateful!!

Thanks, lovelies!!!

*Edited*

*****

Marcel's POV

I watched as a butterfly flew past me and landed on the bench next to me. Its orange wings, with a slight black tint around the edges, flapped every now and then. I was always one to admire and respect beauty, especially nature's beauty.

Sitting on the bench alone was not my intended plan, I had hoped to be joined by my friend Nathaniel, or possibly my brother, Harry. But of course nobody would want to be with me, even Nathaniel. He was a very intelligent young man with a great career plan ahead of him, but unfortunately, he had to be more popular than me so it was difficult for him and me to spend time together.

I didn't mind being alone, I mean I've been doing it for most of my life, but I had hope that maybe someone would have joined me. Possibly even April.

She would never fall for a guy like me, glasses, suspenders, dorky outfit. I'm not the best-dressed lad out there and I definitely do not deserve an angel like her. I swear she had no flaw on her perfect body. Just thinking about her perfect golden blonde hair, and bright blue eyes had me dazing off into the distance thinking about her.

I knew it was best to stay away from her and not get involved because either one of us could get hurt. I would rather it be me than her. I couldn't ruin her social status by talking to her, she deserved to be the queen of the school, though I didn't like the idea of many other immature boys looking at her. She was already the queen of my world and I knew that the best I could do was to avoid her at all costs. Yes, I'm dramatic but honestly, I've never had a girlfriend or slept with a girl so the feelings I had towards April felt magnified. I was just a dumb virgin with a really bad crush on a girl. 

I resumed back to focusing on my biology assignment. Right now was my free period, so I had to get as much work done as I could so that I could hand it in on time. I was used to being the best student in the class and I didn't want that to change.

A loud ringing tore me from my thoughts, and just as I finished my final sentence in my assignment I gathered all my books and stuffed them into my bags and continuing along with the day. Walking to my next class I noticed Harry, my twin brother standing by his locker. I was just about to pass him when I heard his voice calling out to me, making me halt.

"Hey Marcel, what's up bro?"

I turned to look at him. Was he seriously talking pointless slang to me?

"Hi"

"Want to go grab a milk shake with me after school?" Harry Suggested. I nodded and turned around to continue walking to class.

***

I heard our heels dragging against the cement as Harry and I strode out of the parking lot. We were currently walking to the milkshake bar. I had no idea why, but Harry said he had a craving for milkshakes. So being the nice and kind brother I was I went with him as we walked to the shop. In all honesty, I wanted to go home, but he had the car keys and taking down Harry was not the best idea considering the last person that pissed him off ran away with a broken jaw and black eye.

Harry was one of those boys that would beat somebody up with him if he needed to. He was very much like Edward in that sense, but Edward was worse and had no self-control.  While most people would know when to quit and could tell that their opponent was lying on the ground beaten to a pulp, they walked away feeling satisfied. Edward was not like that. If you pissed him off you may as well just surrender, he will beat you until you are unconscious, and even then I'm unaware whether he would stop or not. One time the police had to pry him away from a guy that was almost dead in an alleyway. Long story short, don't mess with him.