He tried to move his leg. He could. He immediately strode, stopped after his third stride. The glass wall blocked his way. That creature started to attack them. His metal hands looked busy. The three of them fought back, but useless. He groaned in frustration as he saw his friends suffered. 

“Tommy, help!” the tremor in his voice indicated fear and despair.

He punched the glass wall, hoping he could broke it. But, he couldn’t. It was too strong. His best effort didn’t even crack the glass. He tried harder and harder. Punching and kicking at the moment. The glass wall was steady.

The creature had a few long and menacing needles. It was terrifying only to see them, making him nauseated. Hard to imagine how to be them. Getting pricked on their whole bodies obviously created a gigantic pain.

“Somebody, help! Help my friends! That creature trying to kill them.” He shouted as loud as he could. Instead of a loud voice, he heard a hoarse groan.

He saw someone, heading to him. No. There were two men. He turned his face, showing them his friends that was struggling hard to fight that creature. Those two men, grabbed his arms. For a second, he did nothing. He didn’t understand what was going on. As those two men dragged him, he resisted to move. Those men dragged him harder. They stronger than him. Even he used his whole power, he couldn’t prevented them to take him away.

“Tommy, help!” his voice weaker.

He tried so hard to release himself. He still couldn’t. Although he didn’t move his feet. Those man easily dragged him away. He shook his head, feeling nausea and dizzy. His eyes froze to his friends. They’re going to die. They’re going to die.

“Thomas, help!”

He almost reach the door. No. No. His gaze still froze. No. Please no! The other hideous creature showed up from nowhere, attacking them brutally. They’re gonna die. No. No. No.

He opened his eyes. The white room disappeared, changed into small dim room. He was in the Berg. But, the fear stayed in him. He looked around. His friends were there, sleeping, except Minho who was staring at him. He seemed to wake up a few minutes or hours earlier. Thomas didn’t say a word. However relief slowly buried his fear. Minho was there and he was good.

“Bad dream, dude?”

Thomas took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. “Yeah, bad enough. I think, I just too worried.”

“Yeah. We’ll face a couple unhappy days. So, you better worry. But, don’t be a coward. We need your participation to kick their butts.” Minho slightly grinned.

That made Thomas feel better. He promised himself, not letting what he’d seen in his dream became real. And he had to find Newt, someway, somehow. He might not have family. But, his friends meant family for him. He knew family should be together, protecting each other.

After several moment of silence, Minho finally spoke. “Thomas, what you’ve said yesterday, please forget it! Don’t you talk about it anymore.”

“Huh?” Thomas creased his forehead, confused.

“Yeah.” Minho shook. “Your dirty words about you wanted to donate your brain for WICKED, forget it!”

“Um, yeah.”

“Seriously, Thomas!” Minho pleaded. His face became serious. A flash of worry washed his face. “Don’t do it! I don’t like you sacrifice yourself. I mean that.”

“Yeah, I’m not gonna do that.” Thomas nodded, hoping his voice sounded convincing. He said firmly. He understood Minho after getting that nightmare. Watching his friends suffered was bad. And he didn’t want his friend to feel bad.

“I will not happy if you die, Thomas.” Minho told gloomily.

“I know. You’ve told me before. You too, try stay alive.”

Minho shook. A slightest hint of smile plastered his face. “No matter what, we need to stick together.”

“Together.”

“So, what’s the plan?” Minho changed the topic.

“You’re in charge now. You decide the plan. I couldn’t think about anything right now.”

“Okay.” Minho sat silence. He took his eyes off from Thomas, staring at the distance for a few moment. His arms folded. “How if we take a look around. I’m sure they were sleeping. Maybe we can get a Launcher.”

Thomas was hesitant. If they were awake, not only Minho and him that would be in danger situation. His friend too. But, Thomas nodded. “Then we go now.” Thomas rose up.

They sneaked away, leaving the room and heading to the hallway until they arrived to the empty room. They passed the room, walked downstairs. They reached the main room. Eight men sat on the couches. All of them was sleeping. Launcher was on their each lap.

Thomas and Minho exchanged glares before continued walking. Minho nodded. He motioned to the corner of the room. He saw a Launcher and a backpack there.

“I’ll go. You stay here, take a watch to the pilot’s room.” Minho wishpered.

Thomas nodded.

Minho walked more carefully. Thomas focused his eyes to the pilot’s room. That what he should do. But, he couldn’t ignore Minho. So, he divided his attention to Minho and the pilot’s room.

One of them moved while Minho was walking near to them. Minho spontaneously hunched. Thomas saw with his heart beat faster. Fortunately that man didn’t awake. Minho seemed to caressed his chest, then continued walking. He took the Launcher and put the backpack on his back. He quickly get back to Thomas, then to their friends.

They were sleeping as Thomas and Minho arrived at the room.

“Go to sleep!” Minho commanded. “I’ll take a watch. If something happen, I’ll wake you up.”

“You?”

“I already got rest while I was unconscious. I’m not sleepy.”

“Well. I ain’t sleepy either. That bad dream more than enough to take away my sleepiness.” Thomas smiled at the end of his sentences.

“Good that. We can discuss the plan.” Minho opened the backpack that belong to Gally before the attackers wrested from him. He took all the stuff from inside it one by one. There were five apples, two bottle—one empty and one full of water, bandage and antseptic, a few aspirin, and the last three knives.

“We have a few weapons now.” Thomas pointed to the knives and Launcher.

“Which one do you prefer to use?”

“You’re more experienced in using knife than me.” Thomas widened his lips. He wanted the Launcher.

“Well. I’m the best one. They will keep away from me once they see how I use the knife.” He chuckled.

Thomas had no doubt about it. “So, what’s next?”

“I’ve been thinkin.” Minho said with a low volume. “ Once the Berg land, the two of us get ready beside the door. They will be the first to fight whoever come here. Then, we attack the others. Find Jorge, and get out from here.”

“Simple.” Thomas nodded. “I’ll be the one who guard beside the door.”

“Yeah. You and Gally. But, one of us won’t have a weapon.”

“Give the last knife to Sonya,” Thomas suggested. “Brenda will be my responsibility.”

“Okay. Decided. Our next move is up to you. You the one who decide where we have to go.”

Thomas didn’t say a word. He exactly knew the place he planned to visit. “We gotta go to the place where ... Newt and me met for the last time.”

“Good that. Decided.”

***